Psion 7 connection probs - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion 7 connection probs - Scion ; I have a Psion 7 and have recently encountered problems connecting via both Psion Dacom 56k Gold Card and Nokia 6310i mobile -- both of which have worked OK in the past. With the mobile phone, it dialled but then ...

  1. Psion 7 connection probs

    I have a Psion 7 and have recently encountered problems connecting via
    both Psion Dacom 56k Gold Card and Nokia 6310i mobile -- both of which
    have worked OK in the past.
    With the mobile phone, it dialled but then the whole Psion froze, and
    I had to switch off and do a soft reset just to get tap-screen and
    Menu button functionality back.
    With the Gold Card, I have got it to dial up to my ISP and to ask for
    my login password etc OK, but then nothing more happens, and it says
    at the top of the screen "Interrupted", with a dialog box below
    saying:
    "Problem opening page
    'http://www.google.com'
    Comms line failed"
    Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?
    Many thanks.
    George

  2. Re: Psion 7 connection probs

    "GEykyn" wrote in message
    news:ffefa04e.0402290207.7cf232b7@posting.google.c om...

    > I have a Psion 7 and have recently encountered problems connecting via
    > both Psion Dacom 56k Gold Card and Nokia 6310i mobile -- both of which
    > have worked OK in the past.
    > With the mobile phone, it dialled but then the whole Psion froze, and
    > I had to switch off and do a soft reset just to get tap-screen and
    > Menu button functionality back.

    You might like to have a look at this discussion in the Psion Place message
    boards about the issue, which is basically caused by the current spate of
    internet "nasties", such as the MSBlast virus, overloading the Psions TCP/IP
    stack. http://tinyurl.com/pxxk

    --
    Mike [Dundee, Scotland]

    http://www.mikemcc.org.uk/

  3. Re: Psion 7 connection probs

    > You might like to have a look at this discussion in the Psion Place message
    > boards about the issue, which is basically caused by the current spate of
    > internet "nasties", such as the MSBlast virus, overloading the Psions TCP/IP
    > stack. http://tinyurl.com/pxxk

    Thanks Mike, I will study that to start with.

+ Reply to Thread