The EPOC Mail server interface failed to initialise. - Scion

This is a discussion on The EPOC Mail server interface failed to initialise. - Scion ; Dear Sir, My MC218 after receive email by using Travel 56k modem (Infra) connected to fixed line. The next day I try to open my email in "Message" but that turn out "The EPOC Mail Server interface failed to initialise", ...

  1. The EPOC Mail server interface failed to initialise.

    Dear Sir,

    My MC218 after receive email by using Travel 56k modem (Infra) connected to
    fixed line. The next day I try to open my email in "Message" but that turn
    out "The EPOC Mail Server interface failed to initialise", and also
    "Corrupted". both Disk C & D too. I try to RESET the set. same problem
    message come out. The rest of the function are OK. Why? What can I do?
    Please help. Thank You very much.

    B.Regards

    Eddie

  2. Re: The EPOC Mail server interface failed to initialise.

    "Eddie" wrote in message

    > My MC218 after receive email by using Travel 56k modem (Infra) connected

    > fixed line. The next day I try to open my email in "Message" but that turn
    > out "The EPOC Mail Server interface failed to initialise", and also
    > "Corrupted". both Disk C & D too. I try to RESET the set. same problem
    > message come out. The rest of the function are OK. Why? What can I do?
    > Please help. Thank You very much.

    Try this - close the Email application ('Message' in the MC218?) and rename
    your "Mail" folder to hide it from the operating system. It is in the path
    C:\System\Mail (or the same path on D drive if you moved it). The email
    program should then open in its original state creating a new Mail folder
    and with no settings or messages. If this has worked, your original Mail
    folder is almost certainly corrupt and you need to create your mail settings
    again in the new "Mail" folder.

    --
    Mike [Dundee, Scotland]

    http://www.mikemcc.org.uk/