Record too large - Scion

This is a discussion on Record too large - Scion ; Hello All, I'm new to Psion programming ( though not to programming ) and thought I would download some sample code and try to understand it, the problem I have is when I try to translate the code I receive ...

  1. Record too large

    Hello All, I'm new to Psion programming ( though not to programming ) and
    thought I would download some sample code and try to understand it, the
    problem I have is when I try to translate the code I receive the "Record too
    large" error, the code in question doesn't try to read or write data it
    merely generates random lottery numbers, if anyone can help me I would be
    very grateful as I have searched the web and only found references to data
    processing

    regards

    Pete Kane

  2. Re: Record too large

    Pete Kane wrote:
    > problem I have is when I try to translate the code I receive the "Record too
    > large" error, the code in question doesn't try to read or write data it
    > merely generates random lottery numbers,

    Is this on a series 5 or series 3 machine ?

    OPL is a semi-compiled language. Once you have finished translating it, it
    will then ask you if you want to run it. If the error message happens before
    it asks you to run it, the error message probably refers to your source code.

    Do you have one very long overly complex line in the source code ?

  3. Re: Record too large

    Sorry I replied to your personal email address

    Hi there, the code in question is very straight forward, it loops until it
    generates what it considers to be seven unique numbers, prints them to the
    console and terminates, my machine is a series 5mx and the error occurs
    during the translation process - It doesn't get as far as the run part

    many thanks

    Pete Kane

    "JF Mezei" wrote in message
    > Pete Kane wrote:
    > > problem I have is when I try to translate the code I receive the "Record

    too
    > > large" error, the code in question doesn't try to read or write data it
    > > merely generates random lottery numbers,

    > Is this on a series 5 or series 3 machine ?
    >
    > OPL is a semi-compiled language. Once you have finished translating it, it
    > will then ask you if you want to run it. If the error message happens

    before
    > it asks you to run it, the error message probably refers to your source

    code.

    > Do you have one very long overly complex line in the source code ?

+ Reply to Thread