Can I transfer between Siena & S5 by IR? - Scion

This is a discussion on Can I transfer between Siena & S5 by IR? - Scion ; I'm trying to transfer files between my Siena and Series 5 (tried classic & 5mx) using the Infra Red and it always fails. Is it supposed to be possible to transfer between these two machine? Transfers between the 5 and ...

  1. Can I transfer between Siena & S5 by IR?

    I'm trying to transfer files between my Siena and Series 5 (tried classic &
    5mx) using the Infra Red and it always fails. Is it supposed to be possible
    to transfer between these two machine?
    Transfers between the 5 and 5mx work no problem, but not to the Siena.

    I know the files won't be useable on the other machine (eg word files), I
    just want to back up the files.

    TIA
    Bob Coates
    bob@remove_me_g4dih.co.uk

  2. Re: Can I transfer between Siena & S5 by IR?

    >I'm trying to transfer files between my Siena and Series 5 (tried classic &
    >5mx) using the Infra Red and it always fails. Is it supposed to be possible
    >to transfer between these two machine?

    Can't be done, completely different versions of EPOC.

    Bob G

  3. Re: Can I transfer between Siena & S5 by IR?

    The Siena (and the 3c/mx) line do not have the advance IR protocols to
    communicate with a Series 5/mx or other EPOC device. The Siena can
    communicate only with other sienas or 3c/mxs as well as IR printers.

    news:76793b3f7f328b3f4735c3d612f364d4@news.teranew s.com...

    &
    > 5mx) using the Infra Red and it always fails. Is it supposed to be

    possible
    > to transfer between these two machine?
    > Transfers between the 5 and 5mx work no problem, but not to the Siena.
    >
    > I know the files won't be useable on the other machine (eg word files), I
    > just want to back up the files.
    >
    > TIA
    > Bob Coates
    > bob@remove_me_g4dih.co.uk