Tide Prediction Software - Scion

This is a discussion on Tide Prediction Software - Scion ; Can anyone point me to some simple software for Psion which predicts tides. There seem to be a number of complex programmes around which aim to give decent accuracy on time and tide height for a wide range of ports. ...

  1. Tide Prediction Software

    Can anyone point me to some simple software for Psion which predicts tides.
    There seem to be a number of complex programmes around which aim to give
    decent accuracy on time and tide height for a wide range of ports. What I
    am after is something a lot simpler (?) which just predicts the times of
    tides (give or take 15 minutes or so).

    I suppose I am looking for software that allows me to put in the times of
    high tides for places I am interested in on one particular day, and then is
    able to tell me the times of high tides at these places on any day over the
    next few years. Simple !?

    Thanks for any help

    Steve

  2. Re: Tide Prediction Software

    http://p.pellot.free.fr/loggb.htm

    simple software for Psion which predicts tides.

  3. Re: Tide Prediction Software

    Thanks for that. I have previously looked at Ocean, and it seems an
    impressive programme with far more functionality than I need, since it gives
    computed tide heights for various ports. I simply want the approximate
    times of the tides, which I assume (?) is a much simpler task.

    Also, when I looked at the demo version, it was not clear to me which ports
    the full programme covers - I could not find a list. So, being a
    Yorkshireman, I was reluctant to part with 20.......... :-)

    Regards
    Steve

    "Jack" wrote in message
    > http://p.pellot.free.fr/loggb.htm
    >

    > simple software for Psion which predicts tides.

  4. Re: Tide Prediction Software

    My Ocean has a 195Ko database = >1750 ports, most of them in Europe.
    I once saw a simple tide calcutor Macro, but can't find it anymore
    Sorry.
    J.

    >> it was not clear to me which ports

    > the full programme covers - I could not find a list. So, being a
    > Yorkshireman, I was reluctant to part with 20.......... :-)
    >
    > Regards
    > Steve
    >
    > "Jack" wrote in message
    > > http://p.pellot.free.fr/loggb.htm
    > >

    > > simple software for Psion which predicts tides.

  5. Re: Tide Prediction Software

    Hello,

    I have used Ocean5 for many years. I am a master mariner and am very
    satisfied with the product. It was designed by a very friendly fellow,
    Pierre Pellot, and his web page is: http://p.pellot.free.fr I recommend
    him and his product.

    Regards
    James Wilhelm

    "steve" wrote in message
    > Can anyone point me to some simple software for Psion which predicts

    tides.
    > There seem to be a number of complex programmes around which aim to give
    > decent accuracy on time and tide height for a wide range of ports. What I
    > am after is something a lot simpler (?) which just predicts the times of
    > tides (give or take 15 minutes or so).
    >
    > I suppose I am looking for software that allows me to put in the times of
    > high tides for places I am interested in on one particular day, and then

    is
    > able to tell me the times of high tides at these places on any day over

    the
    > next few years. Simple !?
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > Steve

  6. Re: Tide Prediction Software

    If you email Pierre he should send you a complete list of ports in the
    database.

+ Reply to Thread