Panasonic far from happy over Psion/Nokia deal - Scion

This is a discussion on Panasonic far from happy over Psion/Nokia deal - Scion ; http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14336 -- Nick in Northallerton Also nickw7coc on both Yahoo Messenger & on MSN Messenger And http://www.whelan.me.uk...

  1. Panasonic far from happy over Psion/Nokia deal

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14336
    --
    Nick in Northallerton
    Also nickw7coc on both Yahoo Messenger & on MSN Messenger
    And http://www.whelan.me.uk

  2. Re: Panasonic far from happy over Psion/Nokia deal

    Nick wrote:

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14336

    But at the www.wapinsight.com web site, there is mention that Motorola will
    continue to produce Symbian phones. (perhaps they are just projects that were
    well underway at the time Moto sold ist shares and no more new projecst will
    be based on Symbian ???)

  3. Re: Panasonic far from happy over Psion/Nokia deal

    JF Mezei wrote in message news:<403BBFB8.D0FA5DEF@istop.com>...
    > Nick wrote:
    > >
    > > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14336

    > But at the www.wapinsight.com web site, there is mention that Motorola will
    > continue to produce Symbian phones. (perhaps they are just projects that were
    > well underway at the time Moto sold ist shares and no more new projecst will
    > be based on Symbian ???)

    JF, explain to me why selling Symbian would mean that Motorola isn't
    going to make any more Symbian phones.

    You seem to assume they need to be Symbian shareholders to license the
    Symbian OS. There is no such requirement, just as I don't need to own
    shares in Symbian or Microsoft in order to license and use products
    from Microsoft or Symbian.

    You read too much into everything.

    Erik Sandblom

  4. Re: Panasonic far from happy over Psion/Nokia deal

    Erik Sandblom wrote:
    > JF, explain to me why selling Symbian would mean that Motorola isn't
    > going to make any more Symbian phones.

    It was the combination of selling shares and starting to produce smart phones
    that were not Symbian OS based that lead to speculation that Moto was dumping Symbian.

    The fact that Moto had to dispel those rumours in the media means that I
    wasn't the only one speculating about this.

+ Reply to Thread