Screens 3a and 3mx - Scion

This is a discussion on Screens 3a and 3mx - Scion ; Does anyone know if it's possible to take a screen out of an old Series 3a and insert it into a 3mx. I haven't yet had a look at the ribbon cable, but guess it simply unplugs from the main ...

  1. Screens 3a and 3mx

    Does anyone know if it's possible to take a screen out of an old Series 3a
    and insert it into a 3mx. I haven't yet had a look at the ribbon cable, but
    guess it simply unplugs from the main board.

    I realise this would lose the backlight option, but the screen contrast is
    so much better on a standard 3a !

    Thanks,

    Steve.

  2. Re: Screens 3a and 3mx

    "Steve Elliott" wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if it's possible to take a screen out of an old Series 3a
    > and insert it into a 3mx. I haven't yet had a look at the ribbon cable,

    but
    > guess it simply unplugs from the main board.
    >
    > I realise this would lose the backlight option, but the screen contrast is
    > so much better on a standard 3a !
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Steve.

    Steve,

    Both a different screen and a different screen cable. Ther's no way to swap
    the two.

    Regards, Jim

  3. Re: Screens 3a and 3mx

    Where can I get a series 7 screen cable? Anybody? Thanks.
    Bob G

  4. Re: Screens 3a and 3mx

    Thanks for the info - luckily hadn't got as far as dismantling anything !

    Steve.

+ Reply to Thread