Streaking Screen on my 5MX - Scion

This is a discussion on Streaking Screen on my 5MX - Scion ; I've had my 2nd-h 5MX for a year now, have had the screen (dreaded horizontal lines) repaired by POS in May '03. But now suddenly dark areas on the screen (such as a highlighted word/file/folder) produces these vertical streaks that ...

  1. Streaking Screen on my 5MX

    I've had my 2nd-h 5MX for a year now, have had the screen (dreaded
    horizontal lines) repaired by POS in May '03.

    But now suddenly dark areas on the screen (such as a highlighted
    word/file/folder) produces these vertical streaks that make the rest of
    the screen above and below the word/file/folder quite unreadable. ATM the
    screen setting is about 16-17. I can adjust the screen to a lighter
    setting when the streaks are less obvious (6) but this of course reduces
    the readability of mid-greys in many of the apps.

    I can't see (googlegroups=>screen streaking) any ref to this problem.

    What's up with my screen?

    Oh, it's summer over here and the days are a mild 25 deg C.

    Brian

    --
    Brian Adam
    Auckland NEW ZEALAND

  2. Re: Streaking Screen on my 5MX

    "pochino" wrote in message
    > I've had my 2nd-h 5MX for a year now, have had the screen (dreaded
    > horizontal lines) repaired by POS in May '03.
    >
    > But now suddenly dark areas on the screen (such as a highlighted
    > word/file/folder) produces these vertical streaks that make the rest of
    > the screen above and below the word/file/folder quite unreadable. ATM the
    > screen setting is about 16-17. I can adjust the screen to a lighter
    > setting when the streaks are less obvious (6) but this of course reduces
    > the readability of mid-greys in many of the apps.
    >
    > I can't see (googlegroups=>screen streaking) any ref to this problem.
    >
    > What's up with my screen?
    >
    > Oh, it's summer over here and the days are a mild 25 deg C.
    >

    > Brian
    >
    > --
    > Brian Adam
    > Auckland NEW ZEALAND

    My screen looked a little like your description sounds after leaving the
    Psion in a hot car. Opening the Psion and giving it 15-30 mins or so to cool
    it got better. What happens when you open the Psion and give the screen time
    to cool- in a cool place out of sunlight?

    ---

  3. Re: Streaking Screen on my 5MX

    In article ,
    AlanS wrote:
    > "pochino" wrote in message
    > > But now suddenly dark areas on the screen (such as a highlighted
    > > word/file/folder) produces these vertical streaks that make the rest of
    > > the screen above and below the word/file/folder quite unreadable...

    > My screen looked a little like your description sounds after leaving the
    > Psion in a hot car. Opening the Psion and giving it 15-30 mins or so to
    > cool it got better. What happens when you open the Psion and give the
    > screen time to cool- in a cool place out of sunlight?

    No it's not related to being in a hot car. It's all the time, indoors, at
    night in colder weather, etc etc.

    Anyone else have these streaks?
    Is it a recogniseable defect that can be cured?

    Brian

    --
    Auckland NEW ZEALAND

+ Reply to Thread