I wonder if anyone recognises this problem and what I might be doing wrong.

I've been trying to send SMS messages through my Series 7 (with a Dacom card
modem fitter) and out through my Nokia NK402 phone. (It's not an infrared
link, just a straightforward cable).

When I try to 'synchronise' from the Email application, the Series 7 reports

"Problem synchronising some messages
No SMS service centre address
Use Account setting|SMS on the Tools menu to check service centre address"

yet when I do this, the service centre address seems correct. It's not the
end of the world, but it's niggling that this apparently simple operation
can't be done.

I'd be grateful for any pointers.