I wonder if anyone recognises this problem and what I might be doing wrong.

I've been trying to send SMS messages through my Series 7 (with a Dacom card
modem fitter) and out through my Nokia NK402 phone. (It's not an infrared
link, just a straightforward cable).

When I try to 'synchronise' from the Email application, the Series 7 reports

"Problem synchronising some messages
No SMS service centre address
Use Account setting|SMS on the Tools menu to check service centre address"

yet when I do this, the service centre address seems correct. It's not the
end of the world, but it's niggling that this apparently simple operation
can't be done.

I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Alex