O2 GPRS settings with Sony Erics T610 - advice please - Scion

This is a discussion on O2 GPRS settings with Sony Erics T610 - advice please - Scion ; I would like to be able to use a Psion 5mx to pick up my e mail/ check web sites using an infrared link to my mobile. I can already access wap sites on my phone using O2's GPRS service ...

  1. O2 GPRS settings with Sony Erics T610 - advice please

    I would like to be able to use a Psion 5mx to pick up my e mail/ check web
    sites using an infrared link to my mobile.

    I can already access wap sites on my phone using O2's GPRS service in the
    UK - and that works fine.

    However - I still have one problem that wherever I look - I can't seem to
    solve?

    How do I set my Psion to access my ISP using my GPRS connection rather
    than at ordinary 'slow speeds' that it currently uses during dial up?

    Any help re configuration/ settings etc would be very much appreciated - I
    assume this isn't too difficult to achieve, and there must be people out
    there in the uK doing this already?

  2. Re: O2 GPRS settings with Sony Erics T610 - advice please

    Gary Brunsdon wrote:
    > How do I set my Psion to access my ISP using my GPRS connection rather
    > than at ordinary 'slow speeds' that it currently uses during dial up?

    http://WEBAPP.ETSI.ORG/exchangefolde...16v070500p.pdf

    contains the various AT commands for GSM phones. (I think this is the right
    document).

  3. Re: O2 GPRS settings with Sony Erics T610 - advice please

    Hi - thanks for that..
    but, sorry address points towards an invalid page?

    "JF Mezei" wrote in message
    > Gary Brunsdon wrote:
    > > How do I set my Psion to access my ISP using my GPRS connection rather
    > > than at ordinary 'slow speeds' that it currently uses during dial up?

    > http://WEBAPP.ETSI.ORG/exchangefolde...16v070500p.pdf
    >
    > contains the various AT commands for GSM phones. (I think this is the

    right
    > document).

  4. Re: O2 GPRS settings with Sony Erics T610 - advice please

    Gary Brunsdon wrote:
    > Hi - thanks for that..
    > but, sorry address points towards an invalid page?

    Oops, sorry, they must have changed their site.

    http://webapp.etsi.org/key/queryform.asp

    Is the query form, from there, enter the GSM 07.07 ( 07 tnen in second box 07
    ) and it will give you al list of documents. Look for the one version 7.5
    dated 1998. I think you need to register to get it to download.

  5. Re: O2 GPRS settings with Sony Erics T610 - advice please

    "Gary Brunsdon" wrote in message
    > Hi - thanks for that..
    > but, sorry address points towards an invalid page?

    You should be able to get most of what you need, including O2 settings, from
    the GPRS related pages on my website.

    --
    Mike [Dundee, Scotland]

    http://www.mikemcc.org.uk/