Does MX with Travel Modem Still Do EMail OK? - Scion

This is a discussion on Does MX with Travel Modem Still Do EMail OK? - Scion ; I have not used my Psion MX 16Mb for months. When I tried to open my attglobal.net mailbox, the screen said: "login or password incorrect or mailbox locked by server" but I had not changed anything -- and I can ...

  1. Does MX with Travel Modem Still Do EMail OK?

    I have not used my Psion MX 16Mb for months. When I tried to open my
    attglobal.net mailbox, the screen said: "login or password incorrect
    or mailbox locked by server" but I had not changed anything -- and I
    can surf the web OK. I tried to get info from attglobal but got
    nowhere with them. Have ISPs locked out non-windows or apple computer
    platforms? as security safeguards, perhaps?

    Can other Psion users still email OK with their ISPs (or att)?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Jerry

  2. Re: Does MX with Travel Modem Still Do EMail OK?

    "Jerome Collins" wrote in message
    news:e13dedeb.0402061139.6a1a785b@posting.google.c om...
    > I have not used my Psion MX 16Mb for months. When I tried to open my
    > attglobal.net mailbox, the screen said: "login or password incorrect
    > or mailbox locked by server" but I had not changed anything -- and I
    > can surf the web OK. I tried to get info from attglobal but got
    > nowhere with them. Have ISPs locked out non-windows or apple computer
    > platforms? as security safeguards, perhaps?
    >
    > Can other Psion users still email OK with their ISPs (or att)?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > Jerry

    Is the email account you are trying to access part of your own ISP? In not,
    then many email providers will lock out an email account if it is not
    accessed on a regular basis (something like once a month or so)

    If it is part of your ISP then it should still be active if you can dial up
    through it OK. You might want to double check all your settings in the
    Psion. Can you access the account via a desktop PC? That might eliminate the
    Psion.

    Martin

+ Reply to Thread