Netpad OS update problem - Scion

This is a discussion on Netpad OS update problem - Scion ; Hi folks, I got an e-mail from someone today asking if I knew how he could upgrade the OS on his Netpad. Here is his e-mail: I have a Netpad with a fairly old OS - 1.05 (166) - which ...

  1. Netpad OS update problem

    Hi folks,

    I got an e-mail from someone today asking if I knew how he could upgrade the
    OS on his Netpad. Here is his e-mail:

    I have a Netpad with a fairly old OS - 1.05 (166) - which I want to
    update because the keyboard is very erratic. Unfortunately, none of the
    the OS on the Teklogix site will allow updating. Would you know of
    somewhere where I could get hold of an Netpad OS older than Release
    1.1, Build 156 - the oldest on the Teklogix site?

    Teklogix suggests my sending the Netpad back to Europe but I'd first
    like to see if there is any way to flash a more recent OS. Nprepro.exe
    works ok.

    I replied telling him with OS updates are currently available on the Psion
    Teklogix website:

    I've just looked at the Teklogix site and it has OS versions 1.1 (b156), 1.2
    (b161), 1.3 (b166), 1.4 (b170), 1.6 (b215) available for download --
    are none of these any good for you with the NPREPRO application/utility?

    To which Tim said:

    My software version is 1.05 (166) which is a bit strange since the
    version would appear earlier than anything quoted above but the build
    would place it at 1.33.

    Or perhaps I don't understand what build means. Should I perhaps try
    1.3 (b166)?

    I find it strange that you can't leap to the latest OS but have to
    progress OS by OS.

    Can anyone shed any light on this, please? Thanks in advance, you Psion
    geniuses!

    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh, UK
    http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/

  2. Re: Netpad OS update problem

    I have no idea about your question, but could you tell us where on the
    teklogix site you found the downloads page?

    Psion were masters at making useful pages hard to find in their website -
    seems teklogix are no different!

  3. Re: Netpad OS update problem

    > I have no idea about your question, but could you tell us where on the
    > teklogix site you found the downloads page?
    >
    > Psion were masters at making useful pages hard to find in their website -
    > seems teklogix are no different!

    Quite! You require to log-in, but it is here:

    http://www.psionteklogix.com/teknet/..._downloads.htm

    Psion Teklogix could do well to employ Jakob Neilsen or BJ Fogg for an
    afternoon or two to advise on their website usability!

    Gareth J M Saunders
    Edinburgh, UK

+ Reply to Thread