New batteries for Revo - Scion

This is a discussion on New batteries for Revo - Scion ; Hi ! I'm standing in face of changing batteries in my Psion Revo. Standard are 750mAh Ni-MH ones. Does it make any sens to put more capable bateries? For instance 900mAh? Anyone tried it? Or have any idea whether it ...

  1. New batteries for Revo

    Hi !

    I'm standing in face of changing batteries in my Psion Revo. Standard
    are 750mAh Ni-MH ones. Does it make any sens to put more capable bateries?
    For instance 900mAh? Anyone tried it? Or have any idea whether it can have
    a chance to work with standard (build in) Revo charging device.

    Any comment or ideas are welcome !

    Best regards,
    Piotr

  2. Re: New batteries for Revo

    Piotr Tadeusz SCIBOR wrote:

    > Hi !
    >
    > I'm standing in face of changing batteries in my Psion Revo. Standard
    > are 750mAh Ni-MH ones. Does it make any sens to put more capable bateries?
    > For instance 900mAh? Anyone tried it? Or have any idea whether it can have
    > a chance to work with standard (build in) Revo charging device.
    >
    > Any comment or ideas are welcome !
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Piotr

    Should work well. IMHO the problem with Revo batteries was always the
    comparatively low capacity. I fitted a different capacity in mine and
    the charger seemed to handle it ok

  3. Re: New batteries for Revo

    > Should work well. IMHO the problem with Revo batteries was always the
    > comparatively low capacity. I fitted a different capacity in mine and
    > the charger seemed to handle it ok

    Hi Peter - where did you get the batteries?(what type) - any links? reason
    for asking is that my ageing Revo is showing signs that the batteries may be
    on the way out - (it has done 3 hard resets in the last 2 weeks all on it's
    own!)
    Cheers
    Andy

  4. Re: New batteries for Revo

    I believe the standard batteries fitted in Revos are 700mAh Panasonics (?).
    I have checked at Maplin (www.maplin.co.uk) and the only tagged AAA NiMH
    batteries are also 700mAh.

    Are there other sources of tagged AAA batteries with higher capacity? Can
    you use ordinary (ie not tagged) batteries?
    Steve

    "Piotr Tadeusz SCIBOR" wrote in message
    > Hi !
    >
    > I'm standing in face of changing batteries in my Psion Revo. Standard
    > are 750mAh Ni-MH ones. Does it make any sens to put more capable bateries?
    > For instance 900mAh? Anyone tried it? Or have any idea whether it can have
    > a chance to work with standard (build in) Revo charging device.
    >
    > Any comment or ideas are welcome !
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Piotr

  5. Re: New batteries for Revo

    Hi group.
    My Revo dies at 89%. I'm lucky to get an hour of use out of it.
    It's been reset, charged in the freezer etc
    Ive taken the batteries out and am completely discharging them. Connected a
    small motor to them.
    Hopefuly, once there back in the revo and recharged, thinks might be Ok.
    I'll keep you posted

    Regards Barry
    www.taximania.net

    ---

  6. Re: New batteries for Revo

    "Andy Smith" wrote in message news:...
    > my ageing Revo is showing signs that the batteries may be
    > on the way out - (it has done 3 hard resets in the last 2 weeks all on it's
    > own!)

    Sounds to me more like the cable is getting worn, giving you temporary
    outages and thus hard resets. The Revo has no backup battery.

    Have it professionally repaired, by Psion or POS, is my (unsolicited
    :-) opinion.

    Erik Sandblom

  7. Re: New batteries for Revo

    Ha Ha Ha
    The motor ran for 3 hours. Proves the batteries are not dead.
    Put them back in the Revo, connected the charger,
    switched it on, checked the battery level,
    89%
    Now i know the charging circuit in the revo is nacked

    Regards Barry
    www.taximania.net

    ---

  8. Re: New batteries for Revo

    taximania wrote:
    > Ha Ha Ha
    > The motor ran for 3 hours. Proves the batteries are not dead.
    > Put them back in the Revo, connected the charger,
    > switched it on, checked the battery level,
    > 89%
    > Now i know the charging circuit in the revo is nacked

    > Regards Barry
    > www.taximania.net

    I've the same, but I also discovered the simple way to handle it.
    It's just enough to 'overload' with a little flow of about 20mA.
    I'm leaving it for 10-15 hours and don't bother about the overload risk.
    However it screems for this 10 hours that it is 100% loaded, but I do know
    better what is the truth

    Truth is out there ...

    pete

  9. Re: New batteries for Revo

    Andy Smith wrote:
    > > Should work well. IMHO the problem with Revo batteries was always the
    > > comparatively low capacity. I fitted a different capacity in mine and
    > > the charger seemed to handle it ok

    > Hi Peter - where did you get the batteries?(what type) - any links? reason
    > for asking is that my ageing Revo is showing signs that the batteries may be
    > on the way out - (it has done 3 hard resets in the last 2 weeks all on it's
    > own!)
    > Cheers
    > Andy

    Oooops .... sorry, I've just believed that 900 mAh and even more capable
    batteries are just available on market. Now I've checked and it seems
    that the bigest capacity in AAA size is 850 mAh.

    I've checked it on Allegro.pl (it's a kind of Polish Ebay) and the biggest
    I saw are 850 mAh made by GP (Golden Power? or something)
    http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=21072792

    But there is a rich offer of 750mAh
    http://allegro.pl/search.php?string=...&buy=&new=&p=0

    Greets,