PsiWin and Outlook XP - Perfect!!!! - Scion

This is a discussion on PsiWin and Outlook XP - Perfect!!!! - Scion ; Since buying my first 5 I have had two PCs, four different OSs, and three versions of Office. On all combinations I have suffered from Psiwinitis, and have only got a reliable connection on a fresh reboot. I recently updgraded ...

  1. PsiWin and Outlook XP - Perfect!!!!

    Since buying my first 5 I have had two PCs, four different OSs, and three
    versions of Office. On all combinations I have suffered from Psiwinitis, and
    have only got a reliable connection on a fresh reboot.

    I recently updgraded to Office XP - and lo! It all works perfectly!!! I can
    reliably synch even with Outlook open, just by pressing the plug-in synch
    button. Anybody else found this?

  2. Re: PsiWin and Outlook XP - Perfect!!!!

    Yes - I have same set up and it is fine. Very occasionally it crashes the PC
    but not too serious.

    What is your "plug-in synch button"?

    John

    "Ric" wrote in message
    > Since buying my first 5 I have had two PCs, four different OSs, and three
    > versions of Office. On all combinations I have suffered from Psiwinitis,

    and
    > have only got a reliable connection on a fresh reboot.
    >
    > I recently updgraded to Office XP - and lo! It all works perfectly!!! I

    can
    > reliably synch even with Outlook open, just by pressing the plug-in synch
    > button. Anybody else found this?

  3. Re: PsiWin and Outlook XP - Perfect!!!!

    He's refering to the little Psion 2.3.3 sync button that appears in the
    Outlook taskbar.

    regards

    "John Crook" wrote in message
    > Yes - I have same set up and it is fine. Very occasionally it crashes the

    PC
    > but not too serious.
    >
    > What is your "plug-in synch button"?
    >
    > John
    >
    > "Ric" wrote in message
    > > Since buying my first 5 I have had two PCs, four different OSs, and

    three
    > > versions of Office. On all combinations I have suffered from Psiwinitis,

    > and
    > > have only got a reliable connection on a fresh reboot.
    > >
    > > I recently updgraded to Office XP - and lo! It all works perfectly!!! I

    > can
    > > reliably synch even with Outlook open, just by pressing the plug-in

    synch
    > > button. Anybody else found this?

  4. Re: PsiWin and Outlook XP - Perfect!!!!

    "Ric" wrote in message
    > Since buying my first 5 I have had two PCs, four different OSs, and three
    > versions of Office. On all combinations I have suffered from Psiwinitis,

    and
    > have only got a reliable connection on a fresh reboot.
    >
    > I recently updgraded to Office XP - and lo! It all works perfectly!!! I

    can
    > reliably synch even with Outlook open, just by pressing the plug-in synch
    > button. Anybody else found this?

    No question. Windows XP and Office XP are exactly the combination that
    PsiWin was always written for. Microsoft finally got the code straight and
    developed an OS that didn't crash every 10 minutes. Since PsiWin finally has
    a stable OS, it now behaves in a stable manner also. Psiwin's problem always
    was that it was never written with proper error checking and end condition
    checking to allow it to gracefully recover from a Windows problem. Many of
    these problems have been solved in Win XP so PsiWins' rather sloppy error
    checking isn't put to the test constantly.

    Regards, Jim

+ Reply to Thread