High speed CF cards - Scion

This is a discussion on High speed CF cards - Scion ; Folks, I was at www.lexarmedia.com reading about their memory products. I am thinking of getting a 512MB CF card for my NetBook. The Leaxar site talks about CF media speeds and I was wondering whether their "high speed" cards are ...

  1. High speed CF cards

    Folks,

    I was at www.lexarmedia.com reading about their memory products. I am
    thinking of getting a 512MB CF card for my NetBook.

    The Leaxar site talks about CF media speeds and I was wondering whether
    their "high speed" cards are in fact faster on the Psion. Has anyone tested
    these cards??

    Dr. Dweeb

  2. Re: High speed CF cards

    For tests and such like look at digital photography sites- links have been
    posted here in the past. There are more digital cameras than Psions, and
    speed is arguably a bit more important there.......

    "Dr. Dweeb" wrote in message
    > Folks,
    >
    > I was at www.lexarmedia.com reading about their memory products. I am
    > thinking of getting a 512MB CF card for my NetBook.
    >
    > The Leaxar site talks about CF media speeds and I was wondering whether
    > their "high speed" cards are in fact faster on the Psion. Has anyone

    tested
    > these cards??
    >
    > Dr. Dweeb

    ---

  3. Re: High speed CF cards

    Oliver N. Kühlwein wrote:

    >> 2) Ultra CF = 2.9Mb/sec (20X)

    > After I succesfully tried a 512MB Ultra from a collegue, I bought one
    > on my own: Mine wasn't recognized in my 5MXpro . Works like a charme
    > in my digital camera. That was very disappointing because all my
    > previous CFs are Sandisc and I never had problems with them.

    I suppose Your 512MB CF is formatted as FAT32 which is not supported by
    Psion (as I wrote a few months ago). Try formatting the card (in an card
    reader connected to a PC) as FAT16 or FAT12.

    --
    Ayrton

+ Reply to Thread