I need some help for my Psion 5mx - Scion

This is a discussion on I need some help for my Psion 5mx - Scion ; Hi I desperately need some help from anyone who owns a Psion 5. My screen has just gone and I need to get some info off the machine before sending it off for repair. I do take regular backups but ...

  1. I need some help for my Psion 5mx

    Hi I desperately need some help from anyone who owns a Psion 5. My
    screen has just gone and I need to get some info off the machine
    before sending it off for repair. I do take regular backups but this
    is some stuff I did since my last backup. What I need is the correct
    sequence of key strokes to switch the cable connection on and then off
    again without being able to use the screen. this should then let me
    run a backup from my PC. I'm fairly sure this should be possible just
    using the keboard. I believe I need to start with Ctrl+L but I'm not
    sure what is needed after that! Can anyone please help.

    Mike

  2. Re: I need some help for my Psion 5mx

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Mike Franklin wrote:

    > Hi I desperately need some help from anyone who owns a Psion 5. My
    > screen has just gone and I need to get some info off the machine
    > before sending it off for repair. I do take regular backups but this
    > is some stuff I did since my last backup. What I need is the correct
    > sequence of key strokes to switch the cable connection on and then
    > off again without being able to use the screen. this should then let
    > me run a backup from my PC. I'm fairly sure this should be possible
    > just using the keboard. I believe I need to start with Ctrl+L but
    > I'm not sure what is needed after that! Can anyone please help.

    To turn on cable link:

    CTRL-L , RIGHT-ARROW , ENTER

    To turn it off again:

    CTRL-L , LEFT-ARROW , ENTER

    David

    --

    David Sumbler

    Please reply to the newsgroup.

    However, if you _really_ want to send me an e-mail,
    replace "nospam" in my address with "aeolia".

  3. Re: I need some help for my Psion 5mx

    >What I need is the correct
    >sequence of key strokes to switch the cable connection on and then off
    >again without being able to use the screen. this should then let me
    >run a backup from my PC. I'm fairly sure this should be possible just
    >using the keboard. I believe I need to start with Ctrl+L but I'm not
    >sure what is needed after that! Can anyone please help.

    Turn your Psion on and put in your password if you have one.
    Then press Ctrl + E.
    This will close whatever application your Psion opened to and default to the
    System screen. Now press Ctrl + L to open the connection dialog.
    Press C for cable.
    You're all set.

    Bob G

  4. Re: I need some help for my Psion 5mx

    Thank you both for the help - both approaches worked fine and it is
    now backed up. More importantly I now have full access to the
    converted data. Thanks again you have saved my life!!!!!

    Mike

+ Reply to Thread