Replace backup battery message - 5mx - Scion

This is a discussion on Replace backup battery message - 5mx - Scion ; Need some help before I get the spanners out !! After my back up battery for my 5mx started begging to be replaced, I bought a new Duracell and popped it in, the problem is the " Replace backup battery" ...

  1. Replace backup battery message - 5mx

    Need some help before I get the spanners out !!

    After my back up battery for my 5mx started begging to be replaced, I bought
    a new Duracell and popped it in, the problem is the " Replace backup
    battery"
    message still appears as well as in the battery is not showing as present
    in the info menu option.
    I have removed it a few times and re inserted but no luck.

    Help anybody.............???

    Mike
    mikedutoit@onetel.net.uk

  2. Re: Replace backup battery message - 5mx

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:38:19 -0000, <.> wrote:

    >Need some help before I get the spanners out !!
    >
    >After my back up battery for my 5mx started begging to be replaced, I bought
    >a new Duracell and popped it in, the problem is the " Replace backup
    >battery"
    >message still appears as well as in the battery is not showing as present
    >in the info menu option.
    >I have removed it a few times and re inserted but no luck.
    >
    >Help anybody.............???
    >
    >Mike
    >mikedutoit@onetel.net.uk

    see reply in the .comm group.
    --
    Regards,
    Graham Holden

    g DASH holden AT dircon DOT co DOT uk
    (to reply by email, replace DASH, AT and DOT as appropriate).

  3. Re: Replace backup battery message - 5mx

    Hi Mike,

    thus spoke <.>:
    > Need some help before I get the spanners out !!

    No need 4.

    [...]
    > I have removed it a few times and re inserted but no luck.
    >
    > Help anybody.............???

    That's just a matter of distorted springs. Remove the battery
    and bend the rear spring forward and the bottom spring upwards,
    in a way that they can apply more pressure to the battery.

    Greets, Dirk

  4. Re: Replace backup battery message - 5mx

    Are you inserting the battery the right way up?
    Some people have reported needing to bend the battery contacts slightly to
    get better contact- but be careful if you try this. Some have reported
    cleaning the battery contacts with fine emery/wet and dry paper has helped-
    look for signs of any corrosion.
    I have inserted a new battery once that turned out to be flat- a new new
    battery sorted it- do you (or a friend) have a multimeter to check the
    battery?
    If all of the above fail it may be an internal problem.

    <.> wrote in message news:4010c065@212.67.96.135...
    > Need some help before I get the spanners out !!
    >
    > After my back up battery for my 5mx started begging to be replaced, I

    bought
    > a new Duracell and popped it in, the problem is the " Replace backup
    > battery"
    > message still appears as well as in the battery is not showing as present
    > in the info menu option.
    > I have removed it a few times and re inserted but no luck.
    >
    > Help anybody.............???
    >
    > Mike
    > mikedutoit@onetel.net.uk

    ---

  5. Re: Replace backup battery message - 5mx

    I've had the problem a few times myself. A quick trick is to clean the
    contacts on the machine with a pencil eraser. It's gentle & usually works.

    I do this with all my battery powered stuff from cameras to flashlights to
    CD players & it works 99% of the time if the problem is not dead batteries.

    "Graham Holden" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:38:19 -0000, <.> wrote:
    >
    > >Need some help before I get the spanners out !!
    > >
    > >After my back up battery for my 5mx started begging to be replaced, I

    bought
    > >a new Duracell and popped it in, the problem is the " Replace backup
    > >battery"
    > >message still appears as well as in the battery is not showing as present
    > >in the info menu option.
    > >I have removed it a few times and re inserted but no luck.
    > >
    > >Help anybody.............???
    > >
    > >Mike
    > >mikedutoit@onetel.net.uk
    > >

    > see reply in the .comm group.
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Graham Holden
    >
    > g DASH holden AT dircon DOT co DOT uk
    > (to reply by email, replace DASH, AT and DOT as appropriate).
    >
    > There are 10 types of people in the world;
    > those that understand binary and those that don't.

+ Reply to Thread