Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)? - Scion

This is a discussion on Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)? - Scion ; Hello world, I have a SonyEricsson T610 phone that I want to use with a MC218 (Ericssons 5MX clone). I can exchange the phonebook from/to the MC218, but I cannot send SMS from the Message application. Anyone with a T610 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

  1. Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    Hello world,

    I have a SonyEricsson T610 phone that I want to use with a MC218 (Ericssons
    5MX clone). I can exchange the phonebook from/to the MC218, but I cannot
    send SMS from the Message application.

    Anyone with a T610 and a MC218 or 5MX who wants to share their settings?

    If you want to mail me, remove the words spam and no from my address.

    Thanks,
    Fred

  2. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns94716B3A4E9FFladiedadahh@194.109.133.20...
    > Hello world,
    >
    > I have a SonyEricsson T610 phone that I want to use with a MC218 (Ericssons
    > 5MX clone). I can exchange the phonebook from/to the MC218, but I cannot
    > send SMS from the Message application.

    You did set the SMS centre number?

    Lots of Greetings!
    Volker

  3. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" wrote in message
    > Hello world,
    >
    > I have a SonyEricsson T610 phone that I want to use with a MC218

    (Ericssons
    > 5MX clone). I can exchange the phonebook from/to the MC218, but I cannot
    > send SMS from the Message application.

    I've never tried that particular phone, but have you tried using Phoneman
    from http://www.zenobyte.com/products/Ser...Pro/index.html ? It's
    better than the MC218's built in phonebook and SMS applications and is
    currently available free.

    --
    Stephen C

  4. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Stephen C" wrote in

    > I've never tried that particular phone, but have you tried using
    > Phoneman from
    > http://www.zenobyte.com/products/Ser...Pro/index.html ? It's
    > better than the MC218's built in phonebook and SMS applications and is
    > currently available free.

    Thanks, I'll try it.

    Best regards,
    Fred

  5. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    > "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Hello world,
    >>
    >> I have a SonyEricsson T610 phone that I want to use with a MC218
    >> (Ericssons 5MX clone). I can exchange the phonebook from/to the
    >> MC218, but I cannot send SMS from the Message application.

    > You did set the SMS centre number?
    >
    > Lots of Greetings!
    > Volker

    Thanks Volker. Yes, I have tried that, but the MC does not get the SMS
    centre number from the phone. It hangs.

    Regards,
    Fred

  6. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns94719FA7D1D76ladiedadahh@194.109.133.20...
    > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in
    >

    > > "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >> Hello world,
    > >>
    > >> I have a SonyEricsson T610 phone that I want to use with a MC218
    > >> (Ericssons 5MX clone). I can exchange the phonebook from/to the
    > >> MC218, but I cannot send SMS from the Message application.

    > > You did set the SMS centre number?
    > >
    > > Lots of Greetings!
    > > Volker

    > Thanks Volker. Yes, I have tried that, but the MC does not get the SMS
    > centre number from the phone. It hangs.

    I mean, you ought to type it in when setting up your account within the message suite.

    Lots of Greetings!
    Volker

  7. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    >> Thanks Volker. Yes, I have tried that, but the MC does not get the
    >> SMS centre number from the phone. It hangs.

    > I mean, you ought to type it in when setting up your account within
    > the message suite.
    >
    > Lots of Greetings!
    > Volker

    I do not know if that is possible. When I press the Edit button, the
    software contacts the phone to get the number, and that does not work.

    There is no manual entry of the number that I can see.

    Regards,
    Fred

  8. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns94725E5BF8DFCladiedadahh@194.109.133.20...
    > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in
    >

    > >> Thanks Volker. Yes, I have tried that, but the MC does not get the
    > >> SMS centre number from the phone. It hangs.

    > > I mean, you ought to type it in when setting up your account within
    > > the message suite.
    > >
    > > Lots of Greetings!
    > > Volker
    > >

    > I do not know if that is possible. When I press the Edit button, the
    > software contacts the phone to get the number, and that does not work.
    >
    > There is no manual entry of the number that I can see.

    Within email: Extras->Account-Settings->YourSMSAccount->Extended->Service center address.

    Lots of Greetings!
    Volker

  9. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    > Within email:
    > Extras->Account-Settings->YourSMSAccount->Extended->Service center
    > address.
    >
    > Lots of Greetings!
    > Volker

    I found in the Message app under Tools/AccountSettings/SMS/Advanced the
    Edit button. The point is that if I press that button, the app contacts the
    phone for the service centre number. That is when the app hangs. I cannot
    manually edit the service centre number!!

    Perhaps there is a difference between the MC218 Message app and the email
    app on the 5MX?

    Cheers,
    Fred

  10. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns94727E3706984ladiedadahh@194.109.133.20...
    > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in
    >

    > > Within email:
    > > Extras->Account-Settings->YourSMSAccount->Extended->Service center
    > > address.
    > >
    > > Lots of Greetings!
    > > Volker
    > >

    > I found in the Message app under Tools/AccountSettings/SMS/Advanced the
    > Edit button. The point is that if I press that button, the app contacts the
    > phone for the service centre number. That is when the app hangs. I cannot
    > manually edit the service centre number!!

    You are right and I'm an idiot. It was too long since I tried it. Sorry.

    > Perhaps there is a difference between the MC218 Message app and the email
    > app on the 5MX?

    Ppssibly. When I press the Edit Button, it takes a while to connect but then
    it shows the correct number.
    You've got the infrared port of the mobile on?
    No one else (comms, web, opera,...) attempts to use the infrared port at the same time?
    The infrared port works for everything else?
    You've got the correct AT-Settings for webbing and sending emails?

    Lots of Greetings!
    Volker

  11. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    > You are right and I'm an idiot. It was too long since I tried it.
    > Sorry.

    You cannot be an idiot if you realize you make a mistake & recognize
    that. I respect that!

    >> Perhaps there is a difference between the MC218 Message app and the
    >> email app on the 5MX?

    > Ppssibly. When I press the Edit Button, it takes a while to connect
    > but then it shows the correct number.

    Not with me
    > You've got the infrared port of the mobile on?

    Yes.
    > No one else (comms, web, opera,...) attempts to use the infrared port
    > at the same time?

    No.
    >The infrared port works for everything else?

    As far as I know, yes. From the MyPhone app (another MC218 built-in app)
    I can read/write the phone's address book using infrared.
    > You've got the correct AT-Settings for webbing and sending emails?

    I think so. With an older phone it used to be ATZ as init string.
    > Lots of Greetings!
    > Volker

    Thanks for thinking with me!
    Best regards,
    Fred

  12. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns947289D884949ladiedadahh@194.109.133.20...
    > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in
    > >The infrared port works for everything else?

    > As far as I know, yes. From the MyPhone app (another MC218 built-in app)
    > I can read/write the phone's address book using infrared.
    > > You've got the correct AT-Settings for webbing and sending emails?
    > >

    > I think so. With an older phone it used to be ATZ as init string.

    If I use my mobile not with GPRS it's ATZ too.

    Well, sorry.

    Lots of success!
    Volker

  13. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    It is possible that the MC218 (being so similar to the 5mx) needs the MCU
    (mobility connectivity update) like the 5mx does? The MCU was used to help
    the 5mx with it's connection problems to IR phones & such.

    Richard

    "Firth" wrote in message
    > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in
    >

    > > You are right and I'm an idiot. It was too long since I tried it.
    > > Sorry.

    > You cannot be an idiot if you realize you make a mistake & recognize
    > that. I respect that!
    > >
    > >> Perhaps there is a difference between the MC218 Message app and the
    > >> email app on the 5MX?

    > > Ppssibly. When I press the Edit Button, it takes a while to connect
    > > but then it shows the correct number.

    > Not with me
    > > You've got the infrared port of the mobile on?

    > Yes.
    > > No one else (comms, web, opera,...) attempts to use the infrared port
    > > at the same time?

    > No.
    > >The infrared port works for everything else?

    > As far as I know, yes. From the MyPhone app (another MC218 built-in app)
    > I can read/write the phone's address book using infrared.
    > > You've got the correct AT-Settings for webbing and sending emails?
    > >

    > I think so. With an older phone it used to be ATZ as init string.
    > > Lots of Greetings!
    > > Volker
    > >

    > Thanks for thinking with me!
    > Best regards,
    > Fred

  14. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "noVote" wrote in message
    news:r3SNb.47980$ZuL1.10438@twister01.bloor.is.net .cable.rogers.com...

    > It is possible that the MC218 (being so similar to the 5mx) needs the MCU
    > (mobility connectivity update) like the 5mx does? The MCU was used to help
    > the 5mx with it's connection problems to IR phones & such.

    Yes, the update is required for the MC218 as well.

    --
    Mike [Dundee, Scotland]
    ______________________________

    http://www.mikemcc.org.uk/
    ______________________________

  15. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Mike McConnell" wrote in

    > Yes, the update is required for the MC218 as well.

    Have installed that - still no joy. Is there really no-one having a T610
    phone with a MC 218? Or with a 5mx?

    Thanks,
    Fred

  16. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    Firth schrub am Dienstag, 20. Januar 2004 21:50:

    > Is there really no-one having a T610
    > phone with a MC 218? Or with a 5mx?

    I use a T300 an a R320S with the 218 and ther were no problems, there
    was even nothing to do than to start the message-prog to send a sms via
    the phones. Ok, I had to switch on IR-Port on the phones - but thats
    all.

    richie
    --
    tsb #116 http://116.taunus-biker.de riie @ irc
    Motorrad-Sicherheitstrainings siehe homepage

  17. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" wrote in message
    > "Mike McConnell" wrote in
    >

    > > Yes, the update is required for the MC218 as well.
    > >

    > Have installed that - still no joy. Is there really no-one having a T610
    > phone with a MC 218? Or with a 5mx?

    Have a look at the "Modem Info & Troubleshooting" file on the General Info
    page of my website, which might help. There really shouldn't be any problem
    using a T610 with the MC218.

    --
    Mike [Dundee, Scotland]
    ______________________________

    http://www.mikemcc.org.uk/
    ______________________________

  18. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Mike McConnell" wrote in

    > Have a look at the "Modem Info & Troubleshooting" file on the General
    > Info page of my website, which might help. There really shouldn't be
    > any problem using a T610 with the MC218.

    Thanks Mike, will do.

    Fred

  19. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns9476DE3CFADA6ladiedadahh@194.109.133.20...
    > "Mike McConnell" wrote in
    >

    > > Yes, the update is required for the MC218 as well.
    > >

    > Have installed that - still no joy. Is there really no-one having a T610
    > phone with a MC 218? Or with a 5mx?

    I do. With a 5mx. Works just fine. What do you want to know?

    Lots of Greetings!
    Volker

  20. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    > "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> "Mike McConnell" wrote in
    >>

    >> > Yes, the update is required for the MC218 as well.
    >> >

    >> Have installed that - still no joy. Is there really no-one having a
    >> T610 phone with a MC 218? Or with a 5mx?

    > I do. With a 5mx. Works just fine. What do you want to know?
    >
    > Lots of Greetings!
    > Volker

    Just check some settings for me please?

    In Control Panel/Modems:
    Tab Modem: Name t610, speed 115200 baud, connect via Infrared, fax class
    auto.
    Tab Options: Loudspeaker in use: untill call answered, Volume Medium, Pause
    time 2 seconds.
    Initialisation tab: Init string ATZ, Data init , fax init
    Advanced tab: Flow control Software (XON/XOFF), Terminal detect ,
    Carrier detect , modem type Mobile.

    Thanks!
    Fred

+ Reply to Thread