Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)? - Scion

This is a discussion on Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)? - Scion ; "Firth" wrote in message news:Xns947AD015CFC8Bladiedadahh@194.109.133.20... > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in > news:buop3r$86e$1@news.fujitsu-siemens.com: > Just check some settings for me please? > > In Control Panel/Modems: > Tab Modem: Name t610, speed 115200 baud, connect via Infrared, fax class > auto. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" wrote in message
    > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    > Just check some settings for me please?
    >
    > In Control Panel/Modems:
    > Tab Modem: Name t610, speed 115200 baud, connect via Infrared, fax class
    > auto.
    > Tab Options: Loudspeaker in use: untill call answered, Volume Medium,

    Pause
    > time 2 seconds.
    > Initialisation tab: Init string ATZ, Data init , fax init
    > Advanced tab: Flow control Software (XON/XOFF), Terminal detect ,
    > Carrier detect , modem type Mobile.

    I would suggest lowering the speed from 115200. With GSM connections at
    9600bps, there is nothing to be gained by running the port at full speed -
    57600 is more than adequate.

    It is unusual to be using Software (Xon/Xoff) flow control - I have only
    ever come across the need to use this, in preference to RTS/CTS, with
    Siemens and some Nokia phones.

    --
    Mike [Dundee, Scotland]
    ______________________________

    http://www.mikemcc.org.uk/
    ______________________________

  2. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Mike McConnell" wrote in

    > I would suggest lowering the speed from 115200. With GSM connections
    > at 9600bps, there is nothing to be gained by running the port at full
    > speed - 57600 is more than adequate.
    >
    > It is unusual to be using Software (Xon/Xoff) flow control - I have
    > only ever come across the need to use this, in preference to RTS/CTS,
    > with Siemens and some Nokia phones.

    Thanks Mike, this did it! I put the speed to 57600 and chose hardware
    (RTS/CTS) instead of Software control (Xon/Xoff). Now the Message app can
    get the SMS service centre nr from the phone. Up to now it did not work.

    I'll try & send an SMS. Internet & email already worked.

    Thanks again,
    Fred

  3. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns947AD015CFC8Bladiedadahh@194.109.133.20...
    > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in
    >

    > > "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >> "Mike McConnell" wrote in

    > >> Have installed that - still no joy. Is there really no-one having a
    > >> T610 phone with a MC 218? Or with a 5mx?

    > > I do. With a 5mx. Works just fine. What do you want to know?
    > >
    > > Lots of Greetings!
    > > Volker
    > >

    > Just check some settings for me please?
    >
    > In Control Panel/Modems:
    > Tab Modem: Name t610, speed 115200 baud, connect via Infrared, fax class
    > auto.

    Ok.
    > Tab Options: Loudspeaker in use: untill call answered, Volume Medium, Pause
    > time 2 seconds.

    got four seconds here.

    > Initialisation tab: Init string ATZ, Data init , fax init

    Ok.

    > Advanced tab: Flow control Software (XON/XOFF), Terminal detect ,
    > Carrier detect , modem type Mobile.

    Ok.

    Modem type "mobile" in the advanced tab. You don't have that entry?

    Lots of Greetings!
    Volker

  4. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Mike McConnell" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6hBQb.417$zb7.122@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...

    > "Firth" wrote in message
    > > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    > > Just check some settings for me please?
    > >
    > > In Control Panel/Modems:
    > > Tab Modem: Name t610, speed 115200 baud, connect via Infrared, fax class
    > > auto.
    > > Tab Options: Loudspeaker in use: untill call answered, Volume Medium,

    > Pause
    > > time 2 seconds.
    > > Initialisation tab: Init string ATZ, Data init , fax init
    > > Advanced tab: Flow control Software (XON/XOFF), Terminal detect ,
    > > Carrier detect , modem type Mobile.
    > >

    > I would suggest lowering the speed from 115200. With GSM connections at
    > 9600bps, there is nothing to be gained by running the port at full speed -
    > 57600 is more than adequate.
    >
    > It is unusual to be using Software (Xon/Xoff) flow control - I have only
    > ever come across the need to use this, in preference to RTS/CTS, with
    > Siemens and some Nokia phones.

    Interesting. I switched to RTS/CTS and my GPRS connection got noticeably faster.
    Thanks a lot!
    Volker

  5. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    > Modem type "mobile" in the advanced tab. You don't have that entry?
    >
    > Lots of Greetings!
    > Volker

    Hi Volker,

    Yes, I put it to Mobile. Thanks for checking! The SMS service centre number
    is now recognized by the MC218.

    Cheers!
    Fred

  6. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    > "Mike McConnell" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>

    >> It is unusual to be using Software (Xon/Xoff) flow control - I have
    >> only ever come across the need to use this, in preference to RTS/CTS,
    >> with Siemens and some Nokia phones.

    > Interesting. I switched to RTS/CTS and my GPRS connection got
    > noticeably faster. Thanks a lot!
    > Volker

    Volker,

    When I connect to my ISP, I get a 9600 baud connection (standard GSM). How
    did you manage your GPRS settings? Where do you specify that on the Psion?

    Tnx,
    Fred

  7. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns947C7A2114024ladiedadahh@194.109.133.20...
    > "Volker Hetzer" wrote in
    >

    > > "Mike McConnell" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >>

    > >> It is unusual to be using Software (Xon/Xoff) flow control - I have
    > >> only ever come across the need to use this, in preference to RTS/CTS,
    > >> with Siemens and some Nokia phones.

    > > Interesting. I switched to RTS/CTS and my GPRS connection got
    > > noticeably faster. Thanks a lot!
    > > Volker

    > Volker,
    >
    > When I connect to my ISP, I get a 9600 baud connection (standard GSM). How
    > did you manage your GPRS settings? Where do you specify that on the Psion?

    1) You have to tell your cellphone company that you want gprs. Then, somewhere on
    their website or service phone number you get the GPRS phone number, something
    cryptic like like *93*7# or so.
    2) The modem settings are similar to the GSM settings, except that now you get a data
    init string too. You get that from youyr provider. My string is AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet".
    3) Be careful to put those settings in a new modem and account. Not every provider provides
    GPRS and when you are on a foreign country GSM might be all that works.

    I installed some patch that told me it didn't work, but GPRS works for me. (I think
    GPRS helper). I've got Mobile Connectivity update 1.10 and 2.00.

    I get connection speeds between 1 and 2KByte/s.

    Lots of Greetings!
    Volker

  8. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Volker Hetzer" wrote in

    > 1) You have to tell your cellphone company that you want gprs. Then,
    > somewhere on
    > their website or service phone number you get the GPRS phone
    > number, something
    > cryptic like like *93*7# or so.
    > 2) The modem settings are similar to the GSM settings, except that now
    > you get a data
    > init string too. You get that from youyr provider. My string is
    > AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet".
    > 3) Be careful to put those settings in a new modem and account. Not
    > every provider provides
    > GPRS and when you are on a foreign country GSM might be all that
    > works.
    >
    > I installed some patch that told me it didn't work, but GPRS works for
    > me. (I think GPRS helper). I've got Mobile Connectivity update 1.10
    > and 2.00.
    >
    > I get connection speeds between 1 and 2KByte/s.
    >
    > Lots of Greetings!
    > Volker

    Thanks Volker, I'll contact my phone operator. The data string is the
    same as yours.

    Best regards,
    Fred

  9. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Firth" wrote in message

    > Thanks Volker, I'll contact my phone operator. The data string is the
    > same as yours.

    There are various files with GPRS settings on my website. The default "dial
    string" is *99# and this (or *99***1#) would normally be used unless you
    have multiple GPRS configurations when you need use *99***2# then *99***3#
    and so on.

    You do need to install Psion's "Mobile GPRS Update" and a copy of this can
    be downloaded from my "Series 5(mx)" page.

    --
    Mike [Dundee, Scotland]
    ______________________________

    http://www.mikemcc.org.uk/
    ______________________________

  10. Re: Settings for T610 and MC218 (=5MX)?

    "Mike McConnell" wrote in

    > "Firth" wrote in message
    >

    >> Thanks Volker, I'll contact my phone operator. The data string is the
    >> same as yours.

    > There are various files with GPRS settings on my website. The default
    > "dial string" is *99# and this (or *99***1#) would normally be used
    > unless you have multiple GPRS configurations when you need use
    > *99***2# then *99***3# and so on.
    >
    > You do need to install Psion's "Mobile GPRS Update" and a copy of this
    > can be downloaded from my "Series 5(mx)" page.

    Tnx Mike,

    Fred

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2