5mx back to 3a? - Scion

This is a discussion on 5mx back to 3a? - Scion ; I use a 5mx but have just found my old 3a and a thought occurs - if/when my 5mx breaks, can I restore any of my backed-up PsiWin 5mx files to the 3a? If so, how do should I do ...

  1. 5mx back to 3a?

    I use a 5mx but have just found my old 3a and a thought occurs - if/when my
    5mx breaks, can I restore any of my backed-up PsiWin 5mx files to the 3a? If
    so, how do should I do it?
    Thanks in advance.
    John

  2. Re: 5mx back to 3a?

    Convert your files to the PC with PsiWin and convert word and sheet files to
    their appropriate MS counterparts. Then connect your 3 series machine and
    copy them back. Some things will not come over. What you can do before the
    trouble might ever begin is to go ahead and try this yourself just to see
    what your limitations are.

    regards

    "family cairns" wrote in message
    > I use a 5mx but have just found my old 3a and a thought occurs - if/when

    my
    > 5mx breaks, can I restore any of my backed-up PsiWin 5mx files to the 3a?

    If
    > so, how do should I do it?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > John

  3. Re: 5mx back to 3a?

    family cairns wrote:
    > I use a 5mx but have just found my old 3a and a thought occurs - if/when my
    > 5mx breaks, can I restore any of my backed-up PsiWin 5mx files to the 3a? If
    > so, how do should I do it?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > John

    "With difficulty"! After all it's not the sort of thing that Psion is
    going to admit to a demand for...

    Mike.

  4. Re: 5mx back to 3a?

    John

    The most likely cause for your 5mx to break is the screen cable. I have
    decided to do somthing about that for the good of all Psion users! Look at
    www.psionflexi.co.uk and see how we can make the Psion live forever!!!!

    Regards

    Paul

    "family cairns" wrote in message
    > I use a 5mx but have just found my old 3a and a thought occurs - if/when

    my
    > 5mx breaks, can I restore any of my backed-up PsiWin 5mx files to the 3a?

    If
    > so, how do should I do it?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > John