Blank Screen - Psion Siena - Scion

This is a discussion on Blank Screen - Psion Siena - Scion ; My 7 year old Siena won't switch on. I've replaced the main batteries, tried both a hard and soft re-set, but it's completely dead. I presume Psion don't support this product anymore, so do I just have to throw it ...

  1. Blank Screen - Psion Siena

    My 7 year old Siena won't switch on.

    I've replaced the main batteries, tried both a hard and soft re-set, but
    it's completely dead.

    I presume Psion don't support this product anymore, so do I just have to
    throw it in the bin (I don't want to)?

    I probably won't buy another PDA if I have to do this, although I presume
    they're a lot more reliable now.

  2. Re: Blank Screen - Psion Siena

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:49:48 GMT, Paul Simon
    wrote:

    > My 7 year old Siena won't switch on.
    >
    > I've replaced the main batteries, tried both a hard and soft re-set, but
    > it's completely dead.
    >
    > I presume Psion don't support this product anymore, so do I just have to
    > throw it in the bin (I don't want to)?

    A lot of happy Psion owners have used http://www.posltd.com who keep
    getting *very* positive press. Perhaps you should give them a try before
    you do anything more drastic! )

    However, you didn't say where you are located. POS do a mail service.

    Regards,

    Mick

  3. Re: Blank Screen - Psion Siena

    MickKi wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:49:48 GMT, Paul Simon
    > wrote:

    > > My 7 year old Siena won't switch on.

    > > I presume Psion don't support this product anymore, so do I just have to

    throw it in the bin (I don't want to)?

    > A lot of happy Psion owners have used http://www.posltd.com who keep getting

    *very* positive press. Perhaps you should give them a try before you do
    anything more drastic! )

    Thanks Mick!

    > However, you didn't say where you are located. POS do a mail service.

    I'm in Manchester (UK for overseas readers).

    The posltd site quotes 20 for an inspection and letter and 40 for a
    service on the Siena (+ 5 postage to return Siena)

    Dunno whether this would be worthwhile. Although I used to use the
    spreadsheet application, I have'nt for a long time.

    I really only use it for Contact databases and keeping a few memos on. On
    the other hand, I do need something.

    Any other suggestions/opinions.

    Incidentally, I do have most of the data backed up.

    If I did get it repaired, I assume it has little or no re-sale value, so
    I'd be comitting to using it myself.

  4. Re: Blank Screen - Psion Siena

    Hi

    There are a number of these machines on Ebay at reasonable prices.

    Simon
    "Paul Simon" wrote in message
    > My 7 year old Siena won't switch on.
    >
    > I've replaced the main batteries, tried both a hard and soft re-set, but
    > it's completely dead.
    >
    > I presume Psion don't support this product anymore, so do I just have to
    > throw it in the bin (I don't want to)?
    >
    > I probably won't buy another PDA if I have to do this, although I presume
    > they're a lot more reliable now.

  5. Re: Blank Screen - Psion Siena

    "Paul Simon" wrote in message
    > MickKi wrote:
    >
    > > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:49:48 GMT, Paul Simon
    > > wrote:

    > > > My 7 year old Siena won't switch on.

    > > > I presume Psion don't support this product anymore, so do I just have

    > throw it in the bin (I don't want to)?
    >
    > > A lot of happy Psion owners have used http://www.posltd.com who keep

    getting
    > *very* positive press. Perhaps you should give them a try before you do
    > anything more drastic! )
    >
    > Thanks Mick!
    >
    > > However, you didn't say where you are located. POS do a mail service.

    > I'm in Manchester (UK for overseas readers).
    >
    > The posltd site quotes 20 for an inspection and letter and 40 for a
    > service on the Siena (+ 5 postage to return Siena)
    >
    > Dunno whether this would be worthwhile. Although I used to use the
    > spreadsheet application, I have'nt for a long time.
    >
    > I really only use it for Contact databases and keeping a few memos on. On
    > the other hand, I do need something.
    >

    > Any other suggestions/opinions.
    >
    > Incidentally, I do have most of the data backed up.
    >
    > If I did get it repaired, I assume it has little or no re-sale value, so
    > I'd be comitting to using it myself.

    There are quite a few basic type organisers out there now at low prices.
    There are basic organisers for contacts and memos for less than the repair
    costs you've been quoted. No spreadsheets though.
    You need to decide exactly what you do want first, but as a basic unit
    there's a little Franklin thing at Argos with 96 kb for 15 that says it
    syncs with a PC- I've no experience of it though.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...Terms=680-6370

+ Reply to Thread