DLL-hell and distributing Windows-applications with Psion connection support - Scion

This is a discussion on DLL-hell and distributing Windows-applications with Psion connection support - Scion ; Hi there! I've made a Windows-application (just plain VB6) with Psion connection support, and want to distribute it. The application utilizes the "Econnect" SDK (through pwengocx.ocx), but I don't want our users to install the whole Econnect package, because they ...

  1. DLL-hell and distributing Windows-applications with Psion connection support

    Hi there!

    I've made a Windows-application (just plain VB6) with Psion connection
    support, and want to distribute it.

    The application utilizes the "Econnect" SDK (through pwengocx.ocx), but I
    don't want our users to install the whole Econnect package, because they
    shouldn't get file access to the Psion directly through Windows Explorer.

    My question is: Which files (DLLs, OCXs, etc.) should I distribute &
    register with regsvr32.exe in order to get by application up and running on
    other PCs?

    Best regards,

    Morten

  2. Re: DLL-hell and distributing Windows-applications with Psion connection support

    "Morten" wrote in message
    news:3fd46697$0$70014$edfadb0f@dread12.news.tele.d k...
    > Hi there!
    >
    > I've made a Windows-application (just plain VB6) with Psion connection
    > support, and want to distribute it.
    >
    > The application utilizes the "Econnect" SDK (through pwengocx.ocx), but I
    > don't want our users to install the whole Econnect package, because they
    > shouldn't get file access to the Psion directly through Windows Explorer.
    >
    > My question is: Which files (DLLs, OCXs, etc.) should I distribute &
    > register with regsvr32.exe in order to get by application up and running

    on
    > other PCs?
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Morten

    Use the dependency walker tool to see what dlls are needed for your app.

    Adrian Edmonds

+ Reply to Thread