connection of Psion with P800 - Scion

This is a discussion on connection of Psion with P800 - Scion ; It's possible to do it? How I do it? Please, somebody help me! I've an old Psion Serie 5 (no mx) and I''v buyed a Sonyericsson Smarthphone P800. Whit Phoneman pro on my psion I'm able to read my Sim's ...

  1. connection of Psion with P800

    It's possible to do it?
    How I do it?
    Please, somebody help me!
    I've an old Psion Serie 5 (no mx) and I''v buyed a Sonyericsson Smarthphone
    P800.
    Whit Phoneman pro on my psion I'm able to read my Sim's contacts.....
    But if I'would send a file from Psion to P800, from P800 to Psion....I'm not
    able to do it...
    Whta is the correct method?
    Whot softwares I must installing on my Psion?
    Help...only help.

    Thank you however.

    wortex

  2. Re: connection of Psion with P800

    What makes you think you can send files back and forth (5mx and P800)? I
    don't think this is possible. What would be the point, anyway.Their file
    formats are different. With the exception of a plain text file & PDF (if you
    have the 3rd party software), what file types are compatible on both
    devices? You would need on board file converters on one or both devices.

    Richard

    "wortex" wrote in message
    > It's possible to do it?
    > How I do it?
    > Please, somebody help me!
    > I've an old Psion Serie 5 (no mx) and I''v buyed a Sonyericsson

    Smarthphone
    > P800.
    > Whit Phoneman pro on my psion I'm able to read my Sim's contacts.....
    > But if I'would send a file from Psion to P800, from P800 to Psion....I'm

    not
    > able to do it...
    > Whta is the correct method?
    > Whot softwares I must installing on my Psion?
    > Help...only help.
    >
    > Thank you however.
    >
    > wortex

  3. Re: connection of Psion with P800

    > What makes you think you can send files back and forth (5mx and P800)?
    They each have an infra-red port and a filesystem.

    > I don't think this is possible.

    It is. You need to use the plBeam software from PSILoc+ on the Psion which
    supports generic IrDA file transfer, as opposed to Psion's own file transfer
    mechanism.

    > What would be the point, anyway.Their file
    > formats are different. With the exception of a plain text file & PDF (if you
    > have the 3rd party software), what file types are compatible on both
    > devices?

    You can send pictures taken with the P800's camera and view them on the Psion
    with Web, Opera or an image viewer. Or simply back them up onto the Psion's
    compact flash. Or you can send emails for more comfortable viewing / reply
    using the Psion's keyboard.

    ...many possible uses for connecting the devices!

    Simon.

+ Reply to Thread