I'm eating my hat - Scion

This is a discussion on I'm eating my hat - Scion ; Hello, People who have been around here for a while may remember my tireless recommendations for people to follow the Revo manual with regard to battery care, and to simply send in for repair any Revo which is broken. I ...

  1. I'm eating my hat

    Hello,

    People who have been around here for a while may remember my tireless
    recommendations for people to follow the Revo manual with regard to battery
    care, and to simply send in for repair any Revo which is broken.

    I was wrong.

    While I'm no expert, it seems the manual is wrong in recommending topping up
    the battery; my experience suggests emptying the battery is better, and
    leaving it on the charger for too long just makes the battery meter
    inaccurate.

    Why do they sell you a machine that keeps track of all your phone numbers,
    meetings and heaven knows what else, but can't keep track of it's own
    batteries??

    --
    Erik Sandblom
    my site is EriksRailNews.com

  2. Re: I'm eating my hat

    >While I'm no expert, it seems the manual is wrong in recommending topping up
    >the battery; my experience suggests emptying the battery is better, and
    >leaving it on the charger for too long just makes the battery meter
    >inaccurate.

    Well, I let my Makos and Revos run down to 10 or 20% before I re-charged and I
    had battery problems with all of them.

    I charged them overnight. Any shorter recharge time would require constant
    monitoring of the hour of the day and I refuse to become the slave of any
    machine as far as I can help it.

    Bottom line: the Revo is a wonderful gadget but the battery problem is its
    death toll.

    And it would have been so simple to engineer it to accept regular AAA
    batteries!

    Bob G

  3. Re: I'm eating my hat

    i artikel 20031130182900.05842.00001229@mb-m13.aol.com, skrev Bob G på
    bobjames27@aol.com den 03-12-01 00.29:

    > I refuse to become the slave of any machine as far as I can help it.

    Amen!

    > And it would have been so simple to engineer it to accept regular AAA
    > batteries!

    Yeah, but it would have been a pain to change the batteries once a week.
    Anyway I really don't think rechargeables should be such a big deal. It
    should just work.

    --
    Erik Sandblom
    my site is EriksRailNews.com
    for those who don't believe, no explanation is possible
    for those who do, no explanation is necessary

  4. Re: I'm eating my hat

    "Erik Sandblom" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > People who have been around here for a while may remember my tireless
    > recommendations for people to follow the Revo manual with regard to

    battery
    > care, and to simply send in for repair any Revo which is broken.
    >
    > I was wrong.
    >
    > While I'm no expert, it seems the manual is wrong in recommending topping

    up
    > the battery; my experience suggests emptying the battery is better, and
    > leaving it on the charger for too long just makes the battery meter
    > inaccurate.
    >
    > Why do they sell you a machine that keeps track of all your phone numbers,
    > meetings and heaven knows what else, but can't keep track of it's own
    > batteries??
    >
    > --
    > Erik Sandblom

    My Revo+ is two years old now Erik and I've always charged it up how you now
    describe. It is used heavily and has never given me any trouble.

    Just lucky I guess?

    Mike Dyer.

  5. Re: I'm eating my hat

    "Mike Dyer" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mzpzb.16371$lm1.132550@wards.force9.net...

    > "Erik Sandblom" wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > People who have been around here for a while may remember my tireless
    > > recommendations for people to follow the Revo manual with regard to

    > battery
    > > care, and to simply send in for repair any Revo which is broken.
    > >
    > > I was wrong.
    > >
    > > While I'm no expert, it seems the manual is wrong in recommending topping

    > up
    > > the battery; my experience suggests emptying the battery is better, and
    > > leaving it on the charger for too long just makes the battery meter
    > > inaccurate.
    > >
    > > Why do they sell you a machine that keeps track of all your phone numbers,
    > > meetings and heaven knows what else, but can't keep track of it's own
    > > batteries??

    Rechargeables have a finite life time. Topping up creates the memory effect,
    something the Revo could only figure out by a controlled charge/discharge
    cycle.
    For me, the inbuilt rechargeable of the Revo was THE major argument for
    buying a 5mx.

    Greetings!
    Volker

+ Reply to Thread