Opera - Scion

This is a discussion on Opera - Scion ; Hi all Trying to use Opera 5.14 on 5MX with a Psion Dacom Gold Card via a PC card adapter. Opera giving all kinds of errors such as "Kern error 3" and then closes the application! Anyone out there using ...

  1. Opera

    Hi all

    Trying to use Opera 5.14 on 5MX with a Psion Dacom Gold Card via a PC card
    adapter.

    Opera giving all kinds of errors such as "Kern error 3" and then closes the
    application!

    Anyone out there using Opera successively if so what settings do you use?

    Regards

    Brian:-)

  2. Re: Opera

    i artikel 3fc8781e@212.67.96.135, skrev Brian Royston på
    broyston@onetel.remove.com den 03-11-29 11.42:

    > Trying to use Opera 5.14 on 5MX with a Psion Dacom Gold Card via a PC card
    > adapter.
    >
    > Opera giving all kinds of errors such as "Kern error 3" and then closes the
    > application!

    I've heard Opera crashes most when there isn't much memory available. Try
    closing some other apps. Perhaps also move the cache to D drive
    http://www.opera.com/support/search/....dml?index=464

    Also try reducing the memory cache size to free up memory.

    --
    Erik Sandblom
    my site is EriksRailNews.com

  3. Re: Opera

    Hi Brian,

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:42:08 -0000, Brian Royston
    wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > Trying to use Opera 5.14 on 5MX with a Psion Dacom Gold Card via a PC
    > card
    > adapter.
    >
    > Opera giving all kinds of errors such as "Kern error 3" and then closes
    > the
    > application!
    >
    > Anyone out there using Opera successively if so what settings do you use?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Brian:-)

    I take it that you have already checked that you don't suffer from the
    "freeze" problem as described here:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ogle.com#link1

    and here:

    http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/show...threadid=26597

    My Opera and occasionally the Email application would crash with a
    "SocketServer/Kern-exec 3" error,as a result of this problem. The TCP/IP
    runs out of memory trying to process the malformed datapackets sent by
    nasty little trojans/exploits. Check the pdastreet forum, where a clever
    interim solution is offered, running on Java.

    Regards,

    Mick

  4. Re: Opera

    "Brian Royston" wrote in message news:<3fc8781e@212.67.96.135>...
    > Hi all
    >
    > Trying to use Opera 5.14 on 5MX with a Psion Dacom Gold Card via a PC card
    > adapter.
    >
    > Opera giving all kinds of errors such as "Kern error 3" and then closes the
    > application!
    >
    > Anyone out there using Opera successively if so what settings do you use?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Brian:-)

    Hi

    I have a Series 5 Psion, I tried a number of Opera packages and only
    the series 3.6 worked OK.

    I also found that the 3.6 will also handle access to some banks - but
    not all of them!

    Strange - but with the PDA's and mobile phones taking off - the
    original web browser put in by Psion may come back into fashion!

    The only problem is the banks - with their security methods - a good
    and latest browser is usually required.

    Opera can be a little slow - strange but the original Psion browser is
    faster if your site is a simple one.

    Regards

    Alan C

+ Reply to Thread