Revo crash restore - Scion

This is a discussion on Revo crash restore - Scion ; My wife have a Revo that has crashed. It has all her address data stored in it. She cannot find the instruction book. I want to reset the computer without zapping all the memory. Which of the two little holes ...

  1. Revo crash restore

    My wife have a Revo that has crashed. It has all her address data stored in
    it. She cannot find the instruction book.

    I want to reset the computer without zapping all the memory. Which of the
    two little holes marked '1' and '2' underneath should I poke my pin into,
    please?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Paul Tilling

  2. Re: Revo crash restore

    >My wife have a Revo that has crashed. It has all her address data stored in
    >it. She cannot find the instruction book.
    >
    >I want to reset the computer without zapping all the memory. Which of the
    >two little holes marked '1' and '2' underneath should I poke my pin into,
    >please?

    I don't know exactly what you mean by "crashed".

    If you pressed the "On" key and nothing happened (or if you heard beeps) it's
    unlikely your Revo has preserved your data.

    Connect it to the AC power supply and, without attempting to turn it on first,
    press a paper clip into the hole labeled "1".

    Now turn it on and see what happens; if your data is there (a miracle!)
    congratulations.

    Otherwise you'll have to do a restore from your most recent backup.

    Pressing the clip into both holes at once will do a hard reset and all your
    data will disappear.

    Bob G

+ Reply to Thread