Re: netbook pro - Scion

This is a discussion on Re: netbook pro - Scion ; Well, further to my other remark about the target market, I have just bought a Fujitsu P5020 laptop, about 1 inch larger than my netBook, win XP Pro 60GB H/D 512MB ram 5.5hrs battery/11hrs with bay bat fitted,Wlan, LAN, bluetooth, ...

  1. Re: netbook pro

    Well, further to my other remark about the target market, I have just
    bought a Fujitsu P5020 laptop, about 1 inch larger than my netBook,
    win XP Pro 60GB H/D 512MB ram 5.5hrs battery/11hrs with bay bat
    fitted,Wlan, LAN, bluetooth, PCMCIA, memory stick & SSD drives
    I have loaded the netBook emulator on this.
    Total cost? 1200. Now why on earth would I spend 1000 on a crippled
    psion running wince?
    Don't get me wrong, I loved my netBook, but that didn't have
    competitors knocking it into a ****ed hat!

    "AngloSaxonMark" wrote in message news:...
    > Gentlemen, the new netbook is as different to the original as it could be,
    > it just looks the same.
    > At that sort of price a sub laptop does more or less the same and you get
    > gigabytes of storage for around the same price and other additional
    > features. Besides non of your Psion apps will work on the new nbook, so why
    > bother even thinking about it? Go get a tablet PC if you wanna pay so much
    > for a mickey mouse computer!
    > Time to convert if you know what's good for you. I'd recommend the Clie
    > UX-50 PDA as a realistic alternative, at around half the price it does
    > exactly what the new netbook does and some more
    > We can all pine away for the good old days but it aint gonna happen for
    > commercial reasons. The old Psions were absolutely fantastic, still got my
    > malaybook, but I'm slowly crossing over, and Palm-based gadgets like the
    > Clie UX-50 PDA are about as good as it gets these days.
    > Really sorry to hurt everyone's pride and loyalty, but we've all got to move
    > on...

  2. Re: netbook pro

    Has it got a touchscreen? and what is the keyboard like?

    ---

  3. Re: netbook pro

    >Has it got a touchscreen? and what is the keyboard like?

    Yes
    Fantastic

    Bob G

  4. Re: netbook pro

    On 26 Nov 2003 00:23:41 -0800, phil@epotech.co.uk (Phil Dixon) wrote:

    >Well, further to my other remark about the target market, I have just
    >bought a Fujitsu P5020 laptop, about 1 inch larger than my netBook,
    >win XP Pro 60GB H/D 512MB ram 5.5hrs battery/11hrs with bay bat
    >fitted,Wlan, LAN, bluetooth, PCMCIA, memory stick & SSD drives
    > I have loaded the netBook emulator on this.
    >Total cost? 1200. Now why on earth would I spend 1000 on a crippled
    >psion running wince?
    > Don't get me wrong, I loved my netBook, but that didn't have
    >competitors knocking it into a ****ed hat!
    >
    >where did you get it ?

    stan

  5. Re: netbook pro

    S. WATSON wrote in message news:<125ksv4s12u94cto29varhbnaqp9uqi019@4ax.com>...
    > On 26 Nov 2003 00:23:41 -0800, phil@epotech.co.uk (Phil Dixon) wrote:
    >
    > >Well, further to my other remark about the target market, I have just
    > >bought a Fujitsu P5020 laptop, about 1 inch larger than my netBook,
    > >win XP Pro 60GB H/D 512MB ram 5.5hrs battery/11hrs with bay bat
    > >fitted,Wlan, LAN, bluetooth, PCMCIA, memory stick & SSD drives
    > > I have loaded the netBook emulator on this.
    > >Total cost? 1200. Now why on earth would I spend 1000 on a crippled
    > >psion running wince?
    > > Don't get me wrong, I loved my netBook, but that didn't have
    > >competitors knocking it into a ****ed hat!
    > >
    > >where did you get it ?

    > stan

    PC Connection USA but if you talk to Albert at J-Note
    http://www.j-note.com/
    he can source them direct in UK. If a touch screen is an absolute
    must, the Fujitsu 2120 has one.
    They all have an international warranty and 110/240 self switching
    power adaptor as well.
    Sorry Psion, I think you need to look at competitor machine
    specifications and slash your price.

  6. Re: netbook pro

    On 2 Dec 2003 00:18:45 -0800, phil@epotech.co.uk (Phil Dixon) wrote:

    >S. WATSON wrote in message news:<125ksv4s12u94cto29varhbnaqp9uqi019@4ax.com>...
    >> On 26 Nov 2003 00:23:41 -0800, phil@epotech.co.uk (Phil Dixon) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Well, further to my other remark about the target market, I have just
    >> >bought a Fujitsu P5020 laptop, about 1 inch larger than my netBook,
    >> >win XP Pro 60GB H/D 512MB ram 5.5hrs battery/11hrs with bay bat
    >> >fitted,Wlan, LAN, bluetooth, PCMCIA, memory stick & SSD drives
    >> > I have loaded the netBook emulator on this.
    >> >Total cost? 1200. Now why on earth would I spend 1000 on a crippled
    >> >psion running wince?
    >> > Don't get me wrong, I loved my netBook, but that didn't have
    >> >competitors knocking it into a ****ed hat!
    >> >
    >> >where did you get it ?

    >> stan

    >PC Connection USA but if you talk to Albert at J-Note
    >http://www.j-note.com/
    >he can source them direct in UK. If a touch screen is an absolute
    >must, the Fujitsu 2120 has one.
    > They all have an international warranty and 110/240 self switching
    >power adaptor as well.
    > Sorry Psion, I think you need to look at competitor machine
    >specifications and slash your price.

    Thanks, actually I like the look of that Samsung NEXiO
    could be a nice little gadget
    stan

+ Reply to Thread