Can anyone help with picture viewing? - Scion

This is a discussion on Can anyone help with picture viewing? - Scion ; Hi All, Can anyone point me in the right direction for changing Picture files on my PC in jpg format to a file type that I can view on my Psion Netbook?...

  1. Can anyone help with picture viewing?

    Hi All,
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for changing Picture files
    on my PC in jpg format to a file type that I can view on my Psion
    Netbook?

  2. Re: Can anyone help with picture viewing?

    "Steve" wrote in message
    news:2099497a.0311251152.5972b82b@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi All,
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction for changing Picture files
    > on my PC in jpg format to a file type that I can view on my Psion
    > Netbook?

    Install MBMView on your Netbook - it can view jpgs, do slide shows etc.

  3. Re: Can anyone help with picture viewing?

    stephen@lifeofriley.freeserve.co.uk (Steve) wrote ..

    > Can anyone point me in the right direction for changing Picture files
    > on my PC in jpg format to a file type that I can view on my Psion
    > Netbook?

    Stephen

    Look for IRFANVIEW at www.irfanview.com

    It will do all you want

  4. Re: Can anyone help with picture viewing?

    "john dent" wrote in message
    news:30a6cc2f.0311251658.644f0869@posting.google.c om...
    > stephen@lifeofriley.freeserve.co.uk (Steve) wrote ..
    >
    > > Can anyone point me in the right direction for changing Picture files
    > > on my PC in jpg format to a file type that I can view on my Psion
    > > Netbook?

    > Stephen
    >
    > Look for IRFANVIEW at www.irfanview.com
    >
    > It will do all you want

    except work on the Psion.

  5. Re: Can anyone help with picture viewing?

    Hi Steve,

    MBMView will indeed do what you want *but* you can't register it!

    But there are other ways - Psion's Web, on the PsiWin CD, will also
    read JPGs and there are other utilities. And isn't Opera available for
    your netBook freely too (I had to buy mine!)?

    I use nConvert which will convert JPGs to a native Psion format,
    probably 2convert will. MBMV and OneMBM only read native Psion
    files.

    The alternative is to convert them on you desktop machine to MBM
    or Sketch format. On the Mac I use GraphicsConvertor but there are
    PC and Linux utilities. Most conversion utilities will convert many
    other formats too, but not all are suitable for the Psion.

    Phil.

  6. Re: Can anyone help with picture viewing?

    aypee@tiscali.co.uk (PhilAP) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi Steve,
    >
    > MBMView will indeed do what you want *but* you can't register it!
    >
    > But there are other ways - Psion's Web, on the PsiWin CD, will also
    > read JPGs and there are other utilities. And isn't Opera available for
    > your netBook freely too (I had to buy mine!)?
    >
    > I use nConvert which will convert JPGs to a native Psion format,
    > probably 2convert will. MBMV and OneMBM only read native Psion
    > files.
    >
    > The alternative is to convert them on you desktop machine to MBM
    > or Sketch format. On the Mac I use GraphicsConvertor but there are
    > PC and Linux utilities. Most conversion utilities will convert many
    > other formats too, but not all are suitable for the Psion.
    >
    > Phil.

    Thanks Guys.
    I downloaded a few things to try out including the MBMview but photos
    I had on my PC, when sent to the netbook were less than mediocre to
    say the least.
    I even tried reducing them on my PC to 256 colours but they still
    showed as virtual garbage on the Psion.
    Opera is on the CD that came with this gizmo but I don't want to
    connect to the net with this psion so I've just ignored that but I'll
    have a search through the CD and see what else I can find.
    Or are you saying that Opera would act as a web page viewer?
    As you can guess, I ain't an expert in this stuff, lol

  7. Re: Can anyone help with picture viewing?

    On 27 Nov 2003 17:22:18 -0800, Steve wrote:

    > I downloaded a few things to try out including the MBMview but photos
    > I had on my PC, when sent to the netbook were less than mediocre to
    > say the least.
    > I even tried reducing them on my PC to 256 colours but they still
    > showed as virtual garbage on the Psion.

    You *were* using the web safety palette? That's what the Psion uses.

    HTH,
    --
    Andrew Gregory
    http://www.scss.com.au/family/andrew/ >