Re: EpocSync error (eSock panic reason 14) - Scion

This is a discussion on Re: EpocSync error (eSock panic reason 14) - Scion ; Of course, the obvious answer would be to email the author directly... -- Ewan Ian Colvin wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone here help me understand an error that I keep getting from > EpocSync? > > I am trying ...

  1. Re: EpocSync error (eSock panic reason 14)

    Ian Colvin wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone here help me understand an error that I keep getting from
    > EpocSync?
    >
    > I am trying to sync my 5mx with my new 7book (a series 7 with a netboo
    > personality module). Prior to upgrading the Series 7 I never had any
    > problems with EpocSync. Now, although I have had a few successful sync
    > s, I
    > am also getting a lot of syncs broken mid-way through with the followi
    > ng
    > error: Program closed
    > Program EpocSync
    > Reason code eSock panic
    > Reason number 14
    >
    > Is this familiar to anyone and does it help me sort out what the probl
    > em is?
    > Any advice would be much appreciated as I am now getting the error wit
    > *every* sync.
    >
    > Many thanks for your suggestions.
    > Ian

    -- Ewan Spence
    -- FreEPOC
    -- www.freepoc.org

  2. Re: EpocSync error (eSock panic reason 14)

    I sync the exact same combination and get the exact same problem. It is
    apparently an idiosynchracy of the netbook. The author has tried to get
    Symbian to look into this but they are apparently not terribly interested.
    Try emailing them - perhaps if lots of people bug them they might do
    something.

    I have found that the errors are less if I use the netbook as the primary
    machine - but I still get some.

+ Reply to Thread