series 7 upgrade probs - Scion

This is a discussion on series 7 upgrade probs - Scion ; Hi All, Apologies to those who've also read this message in the pdastreet forum, but I'm having a few probs getting a netbook personality module to work in my build 756 series 7. I got the module off ebay and ...

  1. series 7 upgrade probs

    Hi All,

    Apologies to those who've also read this message in the pdastreet
    forum, but I'm having a few probs getting a netbook personality module
    to work in my build 756 series 7. I got the module off ebay and the
    guy says it's from a working machine, but when I try the module
    (following all the instructions) all I get is a white screen which
    can't be turned off. Once I got a series of beeps (definitely more
    than three) when reinserting my main battery but then I got the white
    screen again. I have put my 7 module back in and it works just fine.

    I was (clutching at straws) wondering about this business about
    bootable compact flash cards- how do I check whether the card is
    bootable or not, even though it was formtatted on the 7 and had
    nothing on it apart from OS.IMG? To be honest I don't think it's
    getting to the stage of wanting the card at all.

    Have I been sold a dud?

    Jo

  2. Re: series 7 upgrade probs

    Have you installed a 16M RAM module (for use with the S7) in the spare RAM
    bay? The 32M netBook RAM module won't work with the S7 16M RAM card. For a
    netBook you can only have a 32M or 64M version not 48M.

    Richard

    "JKC" wrote in message
    news:1a7d2017.0311210809.308fef8e@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Apologies to those who've also read this message in the pdastreet
    > forum, but I'm having a few probs getting a netbook personality module
    > to work in my build 756 series 7. I got the module off ebay and the
    > guy says it's from a working machine, but when I try the module
    > (following all the instructions) all I get is a white screen which
    > can't be turned off. Once I got a series of beeps (definitely more
    > than three) when reinserting my main battery but then I got the white
    > screen again. I have put my 7 module back in and it works just fine.
    >
    > I was (clutching at straws) wondering about this business about
    > bootable compact flash cards- how do I check whether the card is
    > bootable or not, even though it was formtatted on the 7 and had
    > nothing on it apart from OS.IMG? To be honest I don't think it's
    > getting to the stage of wanting the card at all.
    >
    > Have I been sold a dud?
    >
    > Jo

  3. Re: series 7 upgrade probs

    Hi Richard,

    No, I have a 32MB Ram module (so I have a 48MB series 7, which works just fine)

    Thanks
    Jo

    "Retired_Soon" wrote in message news:...
    > Have you installed a 16M RAM module (for use with the S7) in the spare RAM
    > bay? The 32M netBook RAM module won't work with the S7 16M RAM card. For a
    > netBook you can only have a 32M or 64M version not 48M.
    >
    > Richard

  4. Re: series 7 upgrade probs

    joanne.cook@oxfordarch.co.uk (JKC) wrote in message news:<1a7d2017.0311240155.6e4d8d5a@posting.google.com>...

    Sounds like your compact flash card is not compatible with the
    Netbook. Try loading OS.IMG using another compact flash card.

    Some types of compact flash card cannot be used to boot the Netbook.

    Indeed my Crutial 128Mbyte compact flash will not boot in an Mbook,
    but works in a Netbook !

    Ralph

+ Reply to Thread