Complete Synchronisation - Scion

This is a discussion on Complete Synchronisation - Scion ; Does anyone else have problems getting Complete Synchronisation with Psion 2.3.3. Build 143 on Windows XP Pro SP1? It seems to just check the entry is there without checking if there are any updates of, especially additional, information. Am I ...

  1. Complete Synchronisation

    Does anyone else have problems getting Complete Synchronisation with
    Psion 2.3.3. Build 143 on Windows XP Pro SP1?

    It seems to just check the entry is there without checking if there are
    any updates of, especially additional, information.

    Am I missing a switch somewhere?
    Thank You

  2. Re: Complete Synchronisation

    > Does anyone else have problems getting Complete Synchronisation with
    > Psion 2.3.3. Build 143 on Windows XP Pro SP1?

    Many people

    > any updates of, especially additional, information.

    No (Psion does not make consumer handhelds anymore, since 2 years).
    Coincidently Psiwin has not been updated since then as well.

    > Am I missing a switch somewhere?

    No, the software has it's problems. Some people call them bugs.

    Richard

    "Bill Brooks" wrote in message
    news:MPG.1a28236b3ebb257198968c@news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > It seems to just check the entry is there without checking if there are
    > Thank You

  3. Re: Complete Synchronisation

    Preliminary testing was done with Windows XP and Windows 2000 and there
    should not be a problem with synchronization. The software was not tested by
    Psion with Service Pack 1 but everyone I know does not have a problem with
    the sync so what I suggest is that you ensure you Psion is set to read
    hidden files and delete the PsiWin.ini file. Uninstall and reinstall the
    PsiWin software. After reinstalling the software ensure there is a
    connection (wavvy-line bottom right of the screen) and right click the wavvy
    line go to properties and tick the box where it says to sync the clocks at
    connection. Save this setting then right click the wavvy line and
    disconnect. Then reconnect to sync the clocks. Ensure the time zones between
    Psion and PC are correct. I assume you're syncing with Outlook since you did
    not mention which software you're synching to. If you still have a problem
    after all this has been performed see what particular part of the sync is
    going wrong. Is it the agenda file or something else (contacts)? If for
    example contacts is working but agenda is not then rename your agenda file
    on the Psion to any other name other than agenda. Make a new agenda file
    called 'agenda' without the quotes. Attempt to sync again. If this works
    then the original file contains corruption so don't use it. You can try the
    merge functionality to try and get the data from the old file into the new
    file. Hopefully, no corruption comes over with this. If the problem reoccurs
    after the merge then repeat the procedure above again but do not use the
    corrupted file.

    regards

    "Bill Brooks" wrote in message
    news:MPG.1a28236b3ebb257198968c@news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > Does anyone else have problems getting Complete Synchronisation with
    > Psion 2.3.3. Build 143 on Windows XP Pro SP1?
    >
    > It seems to just check the entry is there without checking if there are
    > any updates of, especially additional, information.
    >
    > Am I missing a switch somewhere?
    > Thank You

  4. Re: Complete Synchronisation

    Correction, make sure the Psion is NOT set to read hidden files.....

    regards

    "B" wrote in message
    > Preliminary testing was done with Windows XP and Windows 2000 and there
    > should not be a problem with synchronization. The software was not tested

    by
    > Psion with Service Pack 1 but everyone I know does not have a problem with
    > the sync so what I suggest is that you ensure you Psion is set to read
    > hidden files and delete the PsiWin.ini file. Uninstall and reinstall the
    > PsiWin software. After reinstalling the software ensure there is a
    > connection (wavvy-line bottom right of the screen) and right click the

    wavvy
    > line go to properties and tick the box where it says to sync the clocks at
    > connection. Save this setting then right click the wavvy line and
    > disconnect. Then reconnect to sync the clocks. Ensure the time zones

    between
    > Psion and PC are correct. I assume you're syncing with Outlook since you

    did
    > not mention which software you're synching to. If you still have a problem
    > after all this has been performed see what particular part of the sync is
    > going wrong. Is it the agenda file or something else (contacts)? If for
    > example contacts is working but agenda is not then rename your agenda file
    > on the Psion to any other name other than agenda. Make a new agenda file
    > called 'agenda' without the quotes. Attempt to sync again. If this works
    > then the original file contains corruption so don't use it. You can try

    the
    > merge functionality to try and get the data from the old file into the new
    > file. Hopefully, no corruption comes over with this. If the problem

    reoccurs
    > after the merge then repeat the procedure above again but do not use the
    > corrupted file.
    >
    > regards

    > "Bill Brooks" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.1a28236b3ebb257198968c@news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > > Does anyone else have problems getting Complete Synchronisation with
    > > Psion 2.3.3. Build 143 on Windows XP Pro SP1?
    > >
    > > It seems to just check the entry is there without checking if there are
    > > any updates of, especially additional, information.
    > >
    > > Am I missing a switch somewhere?
    > > Thank You

  5. Re: Complete Synchronisation

    "B" wrote in message news:...
    > Correction, make sure the Psion is NOT set to read hidden files.....
    >
    > regards

    > "B" wrote in message
    > > Preliminary testing was done with Windows XP and Windows 2000 and there
    > > should not be a problem with synchronization. The software was not tested

    > by
    > > Psion with Service Pack 1 but everyone I know does not have a problem with
    > > the sync so what I suggest is that you ensure you Psion is set to read
    > > hidden files and delete the PsiWin.ini file. Uninstall and reinstall the
    > > PsiWin software. After reinstalling the software ensure there is a
    > > connection (wavvy-line bottom right of the screen) and right click the

    > wavvy
    > > line go to properties and tick the box where it says to sync the clocks at
    > > connection. Save this setting then right click the wavvy line and
    > > disconnect. Then reconnect to sync the clocks. Ensure the time zones

    > between
    > > Psion and PC are correct. I assume you're syncing with Outlook since you

    > did
    > > not mention which software you're synching to. If you still have a problem
    > > after all this has been performed see what particular part of the sync is
    > > going wrong. Is it the agenda file or something else (contacts)? If for
    > > example contacts is working but agenda is not then rename your agenda file
    > > on the Psion to any other name other than agenda. Make a new agenda file
    > > called 'agenda' without the quotes. Attempt to sync again. If this works
    > > then the original file contains corruption so don't use it. You can try

    > the
    > > merge functionality to try and get the data from the old file into the new
    > > file. Hopefully, no corruption comes over with this. If the problem

    > reoccurs
    > > after the merge then repeat the procedure above again but do not use the
    > > corrupted file.
    > >
    > > regards

    > > "Bill Brooks" wrote in message
    > > news:MPG.1a28236b3ebb257198968c@news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > > > Does anyone else have problems getting Complete Synchronisation with
    > > > Psion 2.3.3. Build 143 on Windows XP Pro SP1?
    > > >
    > > > It seems to just check the entry is there without checking if there are
    > > > any updates of, especially additional, information.
    > > >
    > > > Am I missing a switch somewhere?
    > > > Thank You

    OK. Been there done that.
    The problem is that once there is an entry in contacts the
    synchronisation does not then appear to search for updates, e.g.
    changed email address, new phone number, additional business or other
    info.
    As a result the PsiWin 2.3.3 Build 149 and the Outlook 2002
    (10.2627.2625) are not in synchronisation, or if so only in a
    superficial way.

    Bill

+ Reply to Thread