Problem loading Netbook OS - Scion

This is a discussion on Problem loading Netbook OS - Scion ; I recently tried to uppgrade the OS on my netbook to the latest build. I did as the guide told me; copied os.img to the CF card, took the batteries out, put them back again and started the machine. The ...

  1. Problem loading Netbook OS

    I recently tried to uppgrade the OS on my netbook to the latest build. I did as the guide told me; copied os.img to the CF card, took the batteries out, put them back again and started the machine. The machine now starts to load the OS from the CF-disk but when it is finished it beeps and starts all over again. It keeps on doing this in eternity.

    Why does it do this? Is the image file somehow corrupted or what's the problem?

    Anders Rex

  2. Re: Problem loading Netbook OS

    "Anders Rex" a écrit dans le message de
    news:20031120171456.400c229b.anders.rex@pp.inet.fi ...
    > I recently tried to uppgrade the OS on my netbook to the latest build. I

    did as the guide told me; copied os.img to the CF card, took the batteries
    out, put them back again and started the machine. The machine now starts to
    load the OS from the CF-disk but when it is finished it beeps and starts all
    over again. It keeps on doing this in eternity.

    > Why does it do this? Is the image file somehow corrupted or what's the

    problem?

    Certainly OS file corruption. For example : if you remove your CF from a CF
    reader that hasn't write all your data on the card. It happened to me
    several times (the led is green but the OS hasn't sync all its data on the
    card). A WinBugs or drivers bug I don't know (I never have this issue on
    Linux).

    AM Christophe

+ Reply to Thread