Re: netbook pro - Scion

This is a discussion on Re: netbook pro - Scion ; Mark Thank you for your insight into the situation. I do seem to remember you skipping around the forums and extolling the virtues of Psions within living memory. Perhaps you would be happier in a Sony forum expanding on the ...

  1. Re: netbook pro

    Mark

    Thank you for your insight into the situation. I do seem to remember you
    skipping around the forums and extolling the virtues of Psions within living
    memory. Perhaps you would be happier in a Sony forum expanding on the
    inflexibility of Psion fans.
    Yes life does go on and technology moves forward. I take the view that
    technology is meant to serve us not dictate the latest fads to us, and have
    consequently used the following motto;
    If it's not broken, don't fix it.

    I find that the Netbook serves my purposes for applications as well as
    mechanics ( durability and useability).

    Reading your posting I was reminded of a Harry Enfield sketck and the
    phrase,
    " You don't want to do that " came to mind.......

    The bottom line is that we all appreciate the limitations of our machines,
    as you should of the Sony. However, we choose to continue to use them as we
    have seen and continue to see benefits in their use to us. It's called
    personal freedom and choice.

    Bert Pollheimer

    "AngloSaxonMark" wrote in message
    > Gentlemen, the new netbook is as different to the original as it could be,
    > it just looks the same.
    > At that sort of price a sub laptop does more or less the same and you get
    > gigabytes of storage for around the same price and other additional
    > features. Besides non of your Psion apps will work on the new nbook, so

    why
    > bother even thinking about it? Go get a tablet PC if you wanna pay so much
    > for a mickey mouse computer!
    > Time to convert if you know what's good for you. I'd recommend the Clie
    > UX-50 PDA as a realistic alternative, at around half the price it does
    > exactly what the new netbook does and some more
    > We can all pine away for the good old days but it aint gonna happen for
    > commercial reasons. The old Psions were absolutely fantastic, still got my
    > malaybook, but I'm slowly crossing over, and Palm-based gadgets like the
    > Clie UX-50 PDA are about as good as it gets these days.
    > Really sorry to hurt everyone's pride and loyalty, but we've all got to

    move
    > on...
    > --

  2. Re: netbook pro

    If it's as ruggedly built as the S7, that must be its strong point(!).

    I dropped my 7book* onto tarmac from about 2ft a few months ago.
    Plastic case has a few small 'gravel indentations' but it's still as
    reliable as ever!

    The only way I'd buy the nBpro is if it runs apps that can in some way read
    ER5 files (especially Data files with embedded bitmaps).

    * Series 7 with netBook OS module fitted (p.s. it's never needed a reset in
    over 12 months!)

    Paul

+ Reply to Thread