BBC site and Psion Web - Scion

This is a discussion on BBC site and Psion Web - Scion ; I'm having problems getting Psion Web to download pages from the BBC low graphics site. I think it may be because of the cookie that the BBC site recently introduced to offer choice of "world" or UK" edition. Has anybody ...

  1. BBC site and Psion Web

    I'm having problems getting Psion Web to download pages from the BBC low
    graphics site. I think it may be because of the cookie that the BBC site
    recently introduced to offer choice of "world" or UK" edition. Has anybody
    managed to get the BBC site on Web?

    Works fine on Opera - but I'd like to go back to Web because of the huge
    memory requirements of Opera.

  2. Re: BBC site and Psion Web

    Ric wrote:
    > I'm having problems getting Psion Web to download pages from the BBC low
    > graphics site. I think it may be because of the cookie that the BBC site
    > recently introduced to offer choice of "world" or UK" edition. Has anybody
    > managed to get the BBC site on Web?

    Both editions work fine from the following address:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/text_only.stm

    What kind of problems are you having? You could try wiping your cookies
    and starting again by deleting the cookies file:

    C:\System\wtldata\Token.wtd

    In case it's a cache problem (Web has some bugs), you could also try
    deleting the file 'Cache.wtd' in the same folder.

    Web will have to be closed first, and because of the way the app works you
    may have to wait a while for these files to re-appear in the wtldata
    folder.

  3. Re: BBC site and Psion Web

    Thanks, yes I've got it working again now.

+ Reply to Thread