Psion-Psion null modem lead - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion-Psion null modem lead - Scion ; I'd like a Psion-Psion null modem lead to connect my 5mx to Netbook for epocsyncing. Is it possible to buy such things ready made?...

  1. Psion-Psion null modem lead

    I'd like a Psion-Psion null modem lead to connect my 5mx to Netbook for
    epocsyncing. Is it possible to buy such things ready made?

  2. Re: Psion-Psion null modem lead

    Hi,

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:53:33 +0100, Ric wrote:

    > I'd like a Psion-Psion null modem lead to connect my 5mx to Netbook for
    > epocsyncing. Is it possible to buy such things ready made?

    Wouldn't you be better off using infrared and EpocSync
    http://www.freepoc.de/viewapp.php?id=38 or perhaps plbeam
    http://psiloc.com/psion/eng/plbeam/index.html for multiplatform ir comms?

    If you insist on a cable, try:
    http://www.psionleads.freeserve.co.uk/leads.htm he makes all sort of
    cables and delivers by post.

    Regards,

    Mick

  3. Re: Psion-Psion null modem lead

    Easier to use a 9pin null modem adapter instead of a whole cable. Just plug
    your 5mx's cable into one end and your netBook cable into the other. IR
    works perfect for me.

    Richard

    "Ric" wrote in message
    > I'd like a Psion-Psion null modem lead to connect my 5mx to Netbook for
    > epocsyncing. Is it possible to buy such things ready made?

  4. Re: Psion-Psion null modem lead

    "Retired_Soon" wrote in message
    news:w4bsb.26845$HoK.7376@news01.bloor.is.net.cabl e.rogers.com...
    > Easier to use a 9pin null modem adapter instead of a whole cable. Just

    plug
    > your 5mx's cable into one end and your netBook cable into the other. IR
    > works perfect for me.

    Ideally i'd like a nice short cable with RS232 on either end that I can
    carry around easily. I find IR very droppy with epocsync, and fiddly because
    of having machines facing opposite directions.

+ Reply to Thread