Hi All,

I am trying to set up dhcp on my arm platform.

In order to do this I am doing the following :
1) Start dchpcp as
dhcpcd-bin -d -C -D -N -S -G -h MyBoard -L /etc/dhcpc eth0

2) Run nmbd
nmbd -D -s /etc/smb.conf -l /etc/samba

smb.conf contains
[global]
workgroup =lnx.pidnet.net
dns proxy = yes

I am able to get a valid IP address. But I am not able to ping my board by the host name which I supplied with dhcpcd.

If my domain name iis aaa.bbbbbb.net and host name is hhh then
1) If I ping from my windows pc
a) I am able to ping my board as 'ping hhh.bbbbbb.net'
b) I am able to ping my board as 'ping hhh'
c) But I am NOT able to ping my board as 'ping hhh.aaa.bbbbbb.net'

2) If I ping from my linux pc
a) I am able to ping my board as 'ping hhh.bbbbbb.net'
b) I am NOT ABLE to ping my board as 'ping hhh'
c) I am NOT ABLE to ping my board as 'ping hhh.aaa.bbbbbb.net'

I am able to ping using the IP address from both Windows and Linux PC's.

Following is the content of my /etc/dhcp/dhcpcd-eth0.info file

IPADDR=10.27.105.126
NETMASK=255.255.252.0
NETWORK=10.27.104.0
BROADCAST=10.27.107.255
GATEWAY=10.27.104.7
DOMAIN='aaa.bbbbbb.net'
DNS=10.27.104.67,10.27.104.68
DHCPSID=10.27.104.67
DHCPGIADDR=0.0.0.0
DHCPSIADDR=0.0.0.0
DHCPCHADDR=00:60:35:0A:35:03
DHCPSHADDR=00:0E:7F:7C:6F:98
DHCPSNAME=''
LEASETIME=691200
RENEWALTIME=345600
REBINDTIME=604800
INTERFACE='eth0'
CLASSID='Linux 2.6.10_dev-mainstone_pxa27x armv5tel'
CLIENTID=00:60:35:0A:35:03

Can any one tell if I am missing something or doing something wrong.

I am not able to resolve the issue yet , any hints or suggestions are warmly welcome.

thanks in advance.

Regards
vjn