RE: Inconsistant problem with Alpha5 and group policy - Samba

This is a discussion on RE: Inconsistant problem with Alpha5 and group policy - Samba ; Hi Wes, I also experiment "file not found" errors when creating/editing GPOs. I found a few glitches as well with NT ACLs. I've been running Samba4 for a few weeks on a new test server, the good point is that ...

  1. RE: Inconsistant problem with Alpha5 and group policy

    Hi Wes,

    I also experiment "file not found" errors when creating/editing GPOs.
    I found a few glitches as well with NT ACLs.

    I've been running Samba4 for a few weeks on a new test server, the good
    point is that the core application seems very reliable. It's a good file
    server for every day usage.

    Manu.

  2. Re: Inconsistant problem with Alpha5 and group policy

    Manu wrote:
    > Hi Wes,
    >
    > I also experiment "file not found" errors when creating/editing GPOs.
    > I found a few glitches as well with NT ACLs.
    >
    > I've been running Samba4 for a few weeks on a new test server, the good
    > point is that the core application seems very reliable. It's a good file
    > server for every day usage.
    >
    > Manu.

  3. RE: Inconsistant problem with Alpha5 and group policy

    Hi Chuck,

    your reply seems empty but as I'm a bit curious I found this :
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ba/+bug/112023

    I already had such errors with Ubuntu Hardy and Samba on some circumstances.

    Anyway, the *very* *very* good news behind this, is that French Cops
    announced that they will migrate their 70.000 PCs to Ubuntu 8.04

    Then, they won't be able to burn compatible DVDs :
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...it/+bug/233942

    And their network will be crappy :]] LOL
    Thanks Ubuntu, keep on the good bugs LOL

    Best wishes,
    Manu.

+ Reply to Thread