[Samba] Samba 3.2 RPMs - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Samba 3.2 RPMs - Samba ; Hi, I have been trying to make samba 3.2 RPMs for RHEL 4, but so far no luck. I yummed on Fedora box which was successfull. But the RHEL makerpms.sh seems to be failing on libmsrpc error. I remember working ...

  1. [Samba] Samba 3.2 RPMs

    Hi, I have been trying to make samba 3.2 RPMs for RHEL 4, but so far no
    luck. I yummed on Fedora box which was successfull. But the RHEL
    makerpms.sh seems to be failing on libmsrpc error. I remember working on
    sometime back, never really resolved. Now 3.2 is officially released,
    hope someone were able to make RPMs.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks, MK

  2. Re: [Samba] Samba 3.2 RPMs

    Hi,

    oh, the RHEL makerpms.sh hast not been updated apparently...

    You can find RPMS for RHEL 3, 4, 5 at
    http://www.enterprisesamba.org/

    Cheers - Michael

    Linux Addict wrote:
    > Hi, I have been trying to make samba 3.2 RPMs for RHEL 4, but so far no
    > luck. I yummed on Fedora box which was successfull. But the RHEL
    > makerpms.sh seems to be failing on libmsrpc error. I remember working on
    > sometime back, never really resolved. Now 3.2 is officially released,
    > hope someone were able to make RPMs.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks, MK
    > --

    Michael Adam
    phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
    http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE

  3. Re: [Samba] Samba 3.2 RPMs

    Michael Adam wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > oh, the RHEL makerpms.sh hast not been updated apparently...
    >
    > You can find RPMS for RHEL 3, 4, 5 at
    > http://www.enterprisesamba.org/
    >
    > Cheers - Michael
    >
    > Linux Addict wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, I have been trying to make samba 3.2 RPMs for RHEL 4, but so far no
    >> luck. I yummed on Fedora box which was successfull. But the RHEL
    >> makerpms.sh seems to be failing on libmsrpc error. I remember working on
    >> sometime back, never really resolved. Now 3.2 is officially released,
    >> hope someone were able to make RPMs.
    >>
    >> Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks, MK
    >> --

    Thanks Adam... I will install them.

    Do you mind sending me a copy of makerpms.sh and samba.spec.? I may have
    to customize them.

    ~MK

  4. Re: [Samba] Samba 3.2 RPMs

    Linux Addict wrote:
    > Michael Adam wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >oh, the RHEL makerpms.sh hast not been updated apparently...
    > >
    > >You can find RPMS for RHEL 3, 4, 5 at
    > >http://www.enterprisesamba.org/
    > >

    > Thanks Adam... I will install them.
    >
    > Do you mind sending me a copy of makerpms.sh and samba.spec.? I may have
    > to customize them.

    These RPMs are not built with the makerpms.sh but directly from
    the spec file that you can extract from the src.rpm with
    "rpmbuild -ba".

    A working version of makerpms.sh which is for producing
    samba packages for use in clustered setups with ctdb can
    be found the folder packaging/RHEL-CTDB/ in the source tree.
    The most up to date version of this is in the v3-2-ctdb branch
    to be found at http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=obnox/samba-ctdb.git

    Cheers - Michael

    --
    Michael Adam
    phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
    http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE

  5. Re: [Samba] Samba 3.2 RPMs

    Linux Addict wrote:

    > Hi, I have been trying to make samba 3.2 RPMs for RHEL 4, but so far no
    > luck. I yummed on Fedora box which was successfull. But the RHEL
    > makerpms.sh seems to be failing on libmsrpc error. I remember working on
    > sometime back, never really resolved. Now 3.2 is officially released,
    > hope someone were able to make RPMs.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks, MK

    I think if you add the epel repository and install yum, you have what you
    need...

    Kind Regards,

    Peter

+ Reply to Thread