Re: Samba 3.2.0 - Samba

This is a discussion on Re: Samba 3.2.0 - Samba ; Hi, this *looks* (even thoug I cannot reproduce it) as if the smbd target rules are combined with the nmbd target, probably due to your @WINBIND_LIBS@ being empty (you are not building the libwbclient shared lib apparently). Please test if ...

  1. Re: Samba 3.2.0

    Hi,

    this *looks* (even thoug I cannot reproduce it) as if
    the smbd target rules are combined with the nmbd target,
    probably due to your @WINBIND_LIBS@ being empty (you
    are not building the libwbclient shared lib apparently).

    Please test if concatenating the last two lines of the smbd
    target in Makefile.in helps (see attached patch).
    running ./config.status and then make should be enough to test.

    If that does not help, we need more info.

    Cheers - Michael

    --
    Michael Adam
    phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9

  2. Re: Samba 3.2.0

    now I try to really attach the patch... :-o

    Michael Adam wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > this *looks* (even thoug I cannot reproduce it) as if
    > the smbd target rules are combined with the nmbd target,
    > probably due to your @WINBIND_LIBS@ being empty (you
    > are not building the libwbclient shared lib apparently).
    >
    > Please test if concatenating the last two lines of the smbd
    > target in Makefile.in helps (see attached patch).
    > running ./config.status and then make should be enough to test.
    >
    > If that does not help, we need more info.
    >
    > Cheers - Michael
    >
    > Weinert, Ralf wrote:
    > > Hi everybody,
    > >
    > > compiling your new Samba version (3.2.0) ends with an error.
    > > there is a file at the end of the e-mail that contains all outputs of the configue and make command.
    > >
    > > The maschine, on which I tried to compile, is a HP-UX 9000/785/C3600 running with the system software HP-UX B.11.11
    > >
    > > Maybe you find out what going wrong. Thanks for your help
    > >
    > > Best regards
    > >
    > > Ralf Weinert
    > >
    > > Siemens AG
    > > Industry Sector
    > > I MO RA PC ED19
    > > Ackerstr. 22
    > > 38126 Braunschweig
    > > Tel.: +49 (531) 226-3335
    > > Fax: +49 (531) 226-4438
    > > mailto:ralf.weinert@siemens.com
    > >
    > > Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme; Vorstand: Peter Löscher, Vorsitzender; Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Jim Reid-Anderson, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm,Peter Y. Solmssen; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München; Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr.DE 23691322

    --
    Michael Adam
    phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
    http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE

  3. Re: Samba 3.2.0

    Hi Ralf,

    I'd like to keep this on-list, if you don't mind.
    It might be useful for others.

    Weinert, Ralf wrote:
    > Compiling succeeded now. But there had been some more troubles. In the Makefile
    > there are too many BackSlashes that should prevent the Carriage Return from
    > doing its job.
    > But there is none. Removing these BackSlashes make succeeds.

    Hmm, sorry, but I don't get you completely:
    Do you mean that in the Makefile, there had been more empty lines
    following backslashes? (I.e. lines where in the Makefile.in there
    is just one @VARIABLE@ which is unset by configure.)

    Could you provide your config.log (or at lease the config
    options), the Makefile produced by configure,
    and the diff that made the build working for you, so that
    I can get it fixed upstream.

    Thanks - Michael

    i.A. Michael Adam

    --
    Michael Adam
    phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
    http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE

+ Reply to Thread