[Samba] Correct remedy for winbindd sulking on 3.0.30? - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Correct remedy for winbindd sulking on 3.0.30? - Samba ; Greetings, I have recently upgraded from 3.0.28a to 3.0.30 on a couple of FreeBSD 7.0 servers: one in a Windows 2000 Active Directory environment, and the other in a Windows 2003 Active Directory environment, as member servers. Everything works for ...

  1. [Samba] Correct remedy for winbindd sulking on 3.0.30?

    Greetings,

    I have recently upgraded from 3.0.28a to 3.0.30 on a couple of FreeBSD 7.0
    servers: one in a Windows 2000 Active Directory environment, and the other
    in a Windows 2003 Active Directory environment, as member servers.
    Everything works for a while and then winbindd goes into sulking mode.
    Re-starting fixes everythng for a little while.

    I'm guessing I've hit the winbindd bug described here:
    http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba...ne/141041.html

    What is the recommended resolution?
    1. Apply the patch included in the post referenced above?
    2. Apply a different patch?
    3. Upgrade to version n?
    5. Something else?

    If there is a prticular patch recommended I would like to include it in a PR
    to the FreeBSD samba port maintainer. The current FreeBSD net/samba3 port is
    3.0.30.

    Thank you for your help.

    --
    John Marshall

  2. Re: [Samba] Correct remedy for winbindd sulking on 3.0.30?

    Hi,

    This should have been fixed in the just released 3.0.31.
    Please try that!
    For more details regarding the fix you cite below, see
    bug #5504 on bugzilla.samba.org.

    Cheers - Michael

    --
    Michael Adam
    phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9

+ Reply to Thread