[Samba] smb_filetype_to_mode : filetype out of range - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] smb_filetype_to_mode : filetype out of range - Samba ; Hello, I have a problem with a NAS. I have mounted the NAS with : smbmount //ip_nas//folder_name /mnt/disque When i list the content of this folder (ls -l /mnt/disque), i have this message : smb_filetype_to_mode : filetype out of range ...

  1. [Samba] smb_filetype_to_mode : filetype out of range

    Hello,

    I have a problem with a NAS.
    I have mounted the NAS with :
    smbmount //ip_nas//folder_name /mnt/disque

    When i list the content of this folder (ls -l /mnt/disque), i have this message :
    smb_filetype_to_mode : filetype out of range : 12336
    It lists the folder with strange names, for instance : 5?? cationd r ????

    The biggest file in this folder is an image disc file of 2Gbytes.

    Thanks for your futures answers

  2. Re: [Samba] smb_filetype_to_mode : filetype out of range

    Am Montag, 16. Juni 2008 schrieb gui6@voila.fr:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a problem with a NAS.
    > I have mounted the NAS with :
    > smbmount //ip_nas//folder_name /mnt/disque
    >
    > When i list the content of this folder (ls -l /mnt/disque), i have this message :
    > smb_filetype_to_mode : filetype out of range : 12336
    > It lists the folder with strange names, for instance : 5?? cationd r ????
    >
    > The biggest file in this folder is an image disc file of 2Gbytes.
    >
    > Thanks for your futures answers

    try cifs vfs instead of unmaintained smbfs like:

    mount -t cifs //ip_nas//folder_name /mnt/disque -o username=valid_user,password=valid_passwd

    See 'man mount.cifs' for further options.
    Anyway, the value 12336 for smb_filetype looks completely wrong (should be 0...6 ).
    Cheers, Günter