Hello all. In dire need of help.

Samba is a acting as a member server to NT4 domain and using winbind to grab the users.

I would like to achieve the following for users personal drives:

+make them accessible by the owner (the user)
+make them accessible by the Admin group.
+make them NOT accessible by the rest of the regular "users"
*note ALL users are members of "users". Administrators are a member of "Admins" and "Users"

When permissions are set to the following:

drwxrwx--- 2 festival+test festival+users 4096 Jul 4 10:15 test

the shares are accessible by the owner "Test" and by all "users" (everyone).

If I change the group to "festival+admins"

drwxrwx--- 2 festival+test festival+admins" 4096 Jul 4 10:15 test

Only the OWNER can get in. Admins CANT

Regardless of the file owner - id like Admins to be able to get into every the share.

Here is the config of the share question

[Personal]
path = /shares/personal
valid users = @"festival+admins", @"festival+users"
browseable = no
writeable = yes
directory security mask = 2770
directory mask = 2770
read only = no
security mask = 2770
create mask = 2770

I added "users" to the valid users list since the directory owners are in that group by default. I thought if I removed that group - then everyone would lose access to their shares.

Is Valid users = a nessesary option? Could access be strictly controlled by the UNIX permissions?

In that case I think

drwxrwx--- 2 festival+test festival+admins" 4096 Jul 4 10:15 test

would work.

Thanks!

=
.. NET Intranet System
Instant integrated intranet. Download free 30 day fully functional demo. Complete intranet software package with 30 applications "out of the box".
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrc...6a9ace3a87f325