[Samba] Security tab is no longer available in Windows clients. - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Security tab is no longer available in Windows clients. - Samba ; Dear users, some days ago a user of the local network told me that she was not able to change ACL's through Windows. I've done some tests and indeed, when I right click a file/folder that is on the Samba ...

  1. [Samba] Security tab is no longer available in Windows clients.

    Dear users, some days ago a user of the local network told me that she
    was not able to change ACL's through Windows. I've done some tests and
    indeed, when I right click a file/folder that is on the Samba server,
    the "Security" tab is no longer available. It does appear when I
    right-click any local file.

    The clients are running Windows XP Professional SP2 and the Samba server
    is being running on a Solaris 10 system. The system is already using ACL.

    Any suggestion?!

    Greetings.
    --
    Miguel Da Silva
    Administrador Junior de Sistemas Unix

  2. Re: [Samba] Security tab is no longer available in Windows clients.

    Miguel Da Silva - Centro de Matemática wrote:
    > Dear users, some days ago a user of the local network told me that she
    > was not able to change ACL's through Windows. I've done some tests and
    > indeed, when I right click a file/folder that is on the Samba server,
    > the "Security" tab is no longer available. It does appear when I
    > right-click any local file.
    >
    > The clients are running Windows XP Professional SP2 and the Samba server
    > is being running on a Solaris 10 system. The system is already using ACL.
    >
    > Any suggestion?!
    >
    > Greetings.

    I could track the problem down. It seems the option "protrocol LANMAN2"
    was causing te problem.

    Does any one know more what this does?

    Greetings.