[Samba] simple command to check domain membership - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] simple command to check domain membership - Samba ; Hello, I'm planning to automate domain joining with samba+winbind for a classroom. Using cfengine, I'll have to trigger domain joining by checking current status via a shell command. An example : has_hostname = ( '/bin/test -f /etc/hostname' ) What would ...

  1. [Samba] simple command to check domain membership

    Hello,

    I'm planning to automate domain joining with samba+winbind for a classroom.

    Using cfengine, I'll have to trigger domain joining by checking current
    status via a shell command.

    An example :

    has_hostname = ( '/bin/test -f /etc/hostname' )

    What would be a simple and safe test to check whether or not the machine has
    already been joined to the domain ?

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Mikael Kermorgant

  2. Re: [Samba] simple command to check domain membership

    Mikael Kermorgant wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm planning to automate domain joining with samba+winbind for a classroom.
    >
    > Using cfengine, I'll have to trigger domain joining by checking current
    > status via a shell command.
    >
    > An example :
    >
    > has_hostname = ( '/bin/test -f /etc/hostname' )
    >

    > What would be a simple and safe test to check whether or not the machine has
    > already been joined to the domain ?

    net ads testjoin
    or
    net rpc testjoin