[Samba] simple command to check domain membership - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] simple command to check domain membership - Samba ; Hello, I'm planning to automate domain joining with samba+winbind for a classroom. Using cfengine, I'll have to trigger domain joining by checking current status via a shell command. An example : has_hostname = ( '/bin/test -f /etc/hostname' ) What would ...

  1. [Samba] simple command to check domain membership

    Hello,

    I'm planning to automate domain joining with samba+winbind for a classroom.

    Using cfengine, I'll have to trigger domain joining by checking current
    status via a shell command.

    An example :

    has_hostname = ( '/bin/test -f /etc/hostname' )

    What would be a simple and safe test to check whether or not the machine has
    already been joined to the domain ?

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Mikael Kermorgant

  2. Re: [Samba] simple command to check domain membership

    Also, "wbinfo -t" is good to test winbind's connection to the trusted dc
    with the trust account.

    Cheers - Michael

    Guenther Deschner wrote:
    > Mikael Kermorgant wrote:
    > >Hello,
    > >
    > >I'm planning to automate domain joining with samba+winbind for a classroom.
    > >
    > >Using cfengine, I'll have to trigger domain joining by checking current
    > >status via a shell command.
    > >
    > >An example :
    > >
    > >has_hostname = ( '/bin/test -f /etc/hostname' )
    > >

    > >What would be a simple and safe test to check whether or not the machine
    > >has
    > >already been joined to the domain ?

    > net ads testjoin
    > or
    > net rpc testjoin
    >
    > should do it.
    >

    > Guenther
    >
    > --
    > Günther Deschner GPG-ID: 8EE11688
    > Red Hat gdeschner@redhat.com
    > Samba Team gd@samba.org
    > --

    Michael Adam
    phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
    http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE

+ Reply to Thread