[Samba] Samba 3.2.0: error while loading shared libraries: libtalloc.so.1 - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Samba 3.2.0: error while loading shared libraries: libtalloc.so.1 - Samba ; Hi, Just try to build rpm of Samba on my CentOS 5.2 box. RPM building & updating were fine, but I can not start smbd. Here are errors: # service smb start Starting SMB services: smbd: error while loading shared ...

  1. [Samba] Samba 3.2.0: error while loading shared libraries: libtalloc.so.1

    Hi,
    Just try to build rpm of Samba on my CentOS 5.2 box. RPM building &
    updating were fine, but I can not start smbd. Here are errors:

    # service smb start
    Starting SMB services: smbd: error while loading shared libraries:
    libtalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    directory
    [FAILED]
    Starting NMB services: nmbd: error while loading shared libraries:
    libtalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    directory
    [FAILED]

    With "yum provides libtalloc.so.1" I can not found any package for
    this library

    Any idea for help ?

    Thanks
    --
    http://vnoss.org

  2. Re: [Samba] Samba 3.2.0: error while loading shared libraries: libtalloc.so.1

    On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 21:24 +0200, Vnpenguin wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Just try to build rpm of Samba on my CentOS 5.2 box. RPM building &
    > updating were fine, but I can not start smbd. Here are errors:
    >
    > # service smb start
    > Starting SMB services: smbd: error while loading shared libraries:
    > libtalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    > directory
    > [FAILED]
    > Starting NMB services: nmbd: error while loading shared libraries:
    > libtalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    > directory
    > [FAILED]
    >
    > With "yum provides libtalloc.so.1" I can not found any package for
    > this library
    >
    > Any idea for help ?

    You should use the spec file we use in Fedora 9 I think.
    That will create all necessary packages.

    Simo.

    --
    Simo Sorce
    Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer

  3. Re: [Samba] Samba 3.2.0: error while loading shared libraries:libtalloc.so.1

    > Just try to build rpm of Samba on my CentOS 5.2 box. RPM building &
    > updating were fine, but I can not start smbd. Here are errors:
    >
    > # service smb start
    > Starting SMB services: smbd: error while loading shared libraries:
    > libtalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    > directory
    > [FAILED]
    > Starting NMB services: nmbd: error while loading shared libraries:
    > libtalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    > directory
    > [FAILED]
    >
    > With "yum provides libtalloc.so.1" I can not found any package for
    > this library
    >
    > Any idea for help ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > --

    You shouldn't do that. There are about 4 new libraries with this new
    release. I'm still working on the details for FC1.
    Best thing to do is (a) wait for someone to build a package for CentOS, or
    (b) do it carefully yourself reallizing you will make some mistakes.
    Didn't the package compain about unpackaged files???

    James