Re: Samba-4 fresh compile, /usr/local/samba/var/lib missing? - Samba

This is a discussion on Re: Samba-4 fresh compile, /usr/local/samba/var/lib missing? - Samba ; On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 22:37 -0400, Scott Lovenberg wrote: > Can anyone else confirm what I'm seeing? I ran through a full compile, > but upon starting smbd, I get: > > error creating directory /usr/local/samba/var/lib/winbindd_privileged: > No such file ...

  1. Re: Samba-4 fresh compile, /usr/local/samba/var/lib missing?

    On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 22:37 -0400, Scott Lovenberg wrote:
    > Can anyone else confirm what I'm seeing? I ran through a full compile,
    > but upon starting smbd, I get:
    >
    > error creating directory /usr/local/samba/var/lib/winbindd_privileged:
    > No such file or directory
    > task_server_terminate: [Cannot create winbindd privileged pipe directory]
    >

    > Turns out, I don't have a lib directory!
    > If I make the directory, the error goes away. Anyone else seeing this?

    Clearly I didn't do much testing before I pushed out alpha5. Just mkdir
    that directory for now, I'll have the 'make install' do it in future.

    Andrew Bartlett

    --
    Andrew Bartlett
    http://samba.org/~abartlet/

  2. Re: Samba-4 fresh compile, /usr/local/samba/var/lib missing?

    Andrew Bartlett wrote:
    > On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 22:37 -0400, Scott Lovenberg wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone else confirm what I'm seeing? I ran through a full compile,
    >> but upon starting smbd, I get:
    >>
    >> error creating directory /usr/local/samba/var/lib/winbindd_privileged:
    >> No such file or directory
    >> task_server_terminate: [Cannot create winbindd privileged pipe directory]
    >>

    >> Turns out, I don't have a lib directory!
    >> If I make the directory, the error goes away. Anyone else seeing this?
    >>

    > Clearly I didn't do much testing before I pushed out alpha5. Just mkdir
    > that directory for now, I'll have the 'make install' do it in future.
    >
    > Andrew Bartlett

    No worries. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one.
    Other than that, it built from source and has been running like a champ
    for a few hours now. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread