Re: How to process schemaUpdateNow ldap request - Samba

This is a discussion on Re: How to process schemaUpdateNow ldap request - Samba ; Anatoliy Atanasov wrote: > > I am trying to make schema cache in dsdb_schema to reload with newly added mappings from ldb. > This is done by the following ldap request which is valid command for Win2003 > > dn: ...

  1. Re: How to process schemaUpdateNow ldap request

    Anatoliy Atanasov wrote:

    > I am trying to make schema cache in dsdb_schema to reload with newly added mappings from ldb.
    > This is done by the following ldap request which is valid command for Win2003
    >
    > dn:
    > changetype: modify
    > add: schemaUpdateNow
    > schemaUpdateNow: 1
    >
    > I want to process this in rootdse module .modify function, but it's never called and the return message says:
    >
    >> ldap_modify_ext: Invalid DN syntax (34)
    >> additional info: Invalid DN (1 components needed for 'dn')

    FWIW your DN line in your e-mail above is "dn:". Maybe try it with
    "dn: " instead. The space is part of the separator between attribute
    type and attribute value.

    See declaration of dn-spec and FILL in RFC 2849.

    Ciao, Michael.

  2. Re: How to process schemaUpdateNow ldap request

    On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 17:41 +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
    > Anatoliy Atanasov wrote:
    > >
    > > I am trying to make schema cache in dsdb_schema to reload with newly added mappings from ldb.
    > > This is done by the following ldap request which is valid command for Win2003
    > >
    > > dn:
    > > changetype: modify
    > > add: schemaUpdateNow
    > > schemaUpdateNow: 1
    > >
    > > I want to process this in rootdse module .modify function, but it's never called and the return message says:
    > >
    > >> ldap_modify_ext: Invalid DN syntax (34)
    > >> additional info: Invalid DN (1 components needed for 'dn')

    > FWIW your DN line in your e-mail above is "dn:". Maybe try it with
    > "dn: " instead. The space is part of the separator between attribute
    > type and attribute value.
    >
    > See declaration of dn-spec and FILL in RFC 2849.

    nah, this error occours well past the ldif parsing layer - it's actually
    a problem on the server.

    If you look at ldap_server/ldap_backend.c, the macro VALID_DN_SYNTAX
    takes two argument, the first being the DN, and the second is the number
    of components it must have. Set that to 0 and you should be right.

    I don't see why this layer should be trying to determine if a DN is
    valid (ldb can do that very well itself). This looks like Simo's code,
    according to 'git blame', so I'll flip-pass this question to him...

    Andrew Bartlett

    --
    Andrew Bartlett
    http://samba.org/~abartlet/