[Samba] Create masks set to 770 yet new files created as 750 - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Create masks set to 770 yet new files created as 750 - Samba ; Hello All. Samba ver 3.0.25b-1.1.cc Simple problem thats happening on two different servers. Samba is a PDC, users are creating files via windows. My goal is to make each and every file rwxrwx--- . They are being created as rwxrw---- ...

  1. [Samba] Create masks set to 770 yet new files created as 750

    Hello All.

    Samba ver 3.0.25b-1.1.cc

    Simple problem thats happening on two different servers.

    Samba is a PDC, users are creating files via windows.

    My goal is to make each and every file rwxrwx--- .

    They are being created as rwxrw----

    The masks on each share is :

    browseable = yes
    writeable = yes
    create mask = 2770
    security mask = 2770
    directory mask = 2770
    directory security mask = 2770

    I've also performed a chmod -R 2770 on the entire share dir.

    if I add

    force create mode = 2770
    force directory mode = 2770

    to each share the new files are created as 770.

    Is this nessesary? I thought the create masks would be sufficient.

    I dont want to use too many unessesary options on each share.

    If anyone can assist cleaning it up that would be very helpful.

    Thanks

    =
    The Burnsteads
    New Puget Sound Homes See our Homes of Distinction.
    http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrc...85bf51bae10a7d