[Samba] Adding Printer drivers with rpcclient - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Adding Printer drivers with rpcclient - Samba ; Hello. I'm having issues trying to add printer drivers using the rpcclient I've got the drivers for one of the printers in the appropriate share, but every time I've tried, I get NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL So far I've put the drivers under ...

  1. [Samba] Adding Printer drivers with rpcclient

    Hello.
    I'm having issues trying to add printer drivers using the rpcclient

    I've got the drivers for one of the printers in the appropriate share,
    but every time I've tried, I get NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

    So far I've put the drivers under W32X86, W32X86/2 and W32X86/3, to no avail

    Every time I run the adddriver command, I receive the
    NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL, and in the debug message, a rather curious
    WERR_ACCESS_DENIED error.

    rpcclient -U root -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86"
    "dellcolor:dlxcrzim.dll
    :dlxcrzp.ddd:dlxcrziu.dll:dlxcrz.hlp:NULL:RAW:dlxc rjdm.dll,dlxcrzir.xrs,dllzjnie.dll,dlzddmif.dll,dl zdhb32.dll,dllznie1.dll,dlzpmc2.dll,dlzadcmn.dll,d lzarl32.dll,dlzc5102.dll,dlxcrz.cfg,dlxcrz.cnt,dlx crz.xrs,dlxcrz.cdd"
    ' lxtrfs03 -d 100

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    --Kyle

  2. Re: [Samba] Adding Printer drivers with rpcclient

    Hello Kyle and Samba friends,

    On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 04:41:13PM -0500, Kyle Schmitt wrote:
    > Hello.
    > I'm having issues trying to add printer drivers using the rpcclient
    >
    > I've got the drivers for one of the printers in the appropriate share,
    > but every time I've tried, I get NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
    >
    > So far I've put the drivers under W32X86, W32X86/2 and W32X86/3, to no avail
    >
    > Every time I run the adddriver command, I receive the
    > NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL, and in the debug message, a rather curious
    > WERR_ACCESS_DENIED error.
    >

    > rpcclient -U root -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86"
    > "dellcolor:dlxcrzim.dll
    > :dlxcrzp.ddd:dlxcrziu.dll:dlxcrz.hlp:NULL:RAW:dlxc rjdm.dll,dlxcrzir.xrs,dllzjnie.dll,dlzddmif.dll,dl zdhb32.dll,dllznie1.dll,dlzpmc2.dll,dlzadcmn.dll,d lzarl32.dll,dlzc5102.dll,dlxcrz.cfg,dlxcrz.cnt,dlx crz.xrs,dlxcrz.cdd"
    > ' lxtrfs03 -d 100
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    1 or 2 years ago, I was in the same situation as you know. I tried a
    lot, but it simply didn't work. Nowadays I follow the route via a
    windows client to add the printer drivers to the samba server.
    Something like

    \\Sambaserver

    \

    If you cannot follow, you better check the archives or the handbook
    where this is better explained.

    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten,
    With kind regards,

    Willy

    *************************************
    Dr. W.K. Offermans
    CAT Postdoctoral Fellow
    CAT Catalytic Center
    Institut fr Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie
    RWTH Aachen
    Worringerweg 1, Raum 38C-133
    D-52074 Aachen, Germany
    Phone: +49 241 80 28591